The VERY HUMILIATING close encounter that will NEVER happen:

Page 6 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaetanomarano

<br />ok, you don't want to unlock my thread<br /><br />but, can you explain me why do you have locked it?<br /><br />it's a VERY serious argument... probably the MOST serious argument about future moon missions!<br />

N

najab

I locked your thread because it is <b>another</b> thread with 'facts' that don't make sense and figures pulled out of thin air. We've enough of those at the moment, thank you.

G

gaetanomarano

<br />not the best engineers nor the best scientists nor the best experts nor the best economists may give exact facts and figures of "objects" and "problems" that will happen in next 10, 15, 20 years or more<br /><br />the problem of a possible full-mission-abort is VERY serious<br /><br />the thread's title lacks a "may" word near the "FAIL" word... but this is due to title words limits<br /><br />the problem remain (and may really happen)<br />

C

carp

"remember that LEO is the FIRST STEP to moon, mars and beyond"______________Gaetano,are more 24 years (april 12,1981)<br />that we make only those first step.Is an interminable small step for man, and for mankind.Now is enough,now is time to go beyond LEO.Don't worry,Russia,Europe and China too,will remain in your beloved LEO,but for NASA is time to go out.<br />

G

gaetanomarano

<br />this was due to low funds given to space agencies... not due to the Shuttle... it was a POLITICAL problem<br />

G

gaetanomarano

<br />I think that ONLY posts and threads with INSULTS must be LOCKED<br /><br />I've received (or read) MANY insults and (also) threads (apparently) made "to discuss" about an argument (like spaceplanes...) used ONLY to INSULT all peoples with different opinions... but I've never seen these INSULTING threads/posts/users "locked"<br /><br />it's a problem of FREEDOM... if freedom exist each users may decide (with his own mind) to post or not in a thread... without "lock" nothing...<br /><br />about LSAM+Shenzhou... it's clearly a concept that need very much research to work and may fail for many different reasons... but it was FIRST invented to demonstrate that a moon mission (the MAIN use of CEV) absolutely DON'T NEED a six-seat CEV... to be launched with a new monster-rocket, etc.<br /><br />in other words... if two, very little, 8+8 tons Shenzhou, "may do the job"... a 23 tons CEV is unnecessary... a 10-12 tons, 4-seats CEV (launched with ready available rockets) is sufficient... and may give to NASA a GIANT money and time saving!<br />

N

najab

><i>Many of the people criticizing you, are the same people who would have tried to stone great pioneering space engineers like Robert Zubrin.</i><p>What has Zubrin actually done? What has he actually built? He's a great thinker, but I don't know that I'd call him a 'great pioneering engineer' just yet.</p>

D

drwayne

"The idea that virtue is to be found in self-critism is over-rated."<br /><br />You always need to be red-teaming yourself, looking honestly for flaws in your ideas, data that doesn't fit the theory. It is a huge part of the scientific method.<br /><br />Wayne<br /><br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>"1) Give no quarter; 2) Take no prisoners; 3) Sink everything."  Admiral Jackie Fisher</p> </div>

F

frodo1008

I not only have in my possetion but have even read at least two of Zubrin's excellent books. Also, I think that he has one of the best ideas that I can think of for making any manned Mars mission a lot less expensive, and that is his living of the land approach!<br /><br />However, he is not infallable, his estimates for the cost of a manned mission are an absolute riot! He is off by a minimum factor of at least five, when he thinks that such a mision can be done for only $20 billion! I can certainly not see it being done for less than either the total cost of the ISS, or the total cost of the CEV (about $100 billion) and it may even be at least twice that figure (some 10x Zubrin's costs)!<br /><br />I do not even oppose all of gaet's thinking itself. But that is irrevelent now isn't it? NASA and Mike Griffin are going to do what NASA thinks is right, every bit as much as you tell gaet to do! Somehow I think that NASA just might have a little more experience in these areas than gaet does (or myself for that matter)!<br /><br />Your total opposition to the ISS itself is going to also go nowhere, as the US congress wishes to honor what our nation has told others that we are going to do! I happen to believe that most of the people of this great country support NASA's present course of:<br /><br />Retiring the shuttle, finishing up our end of the ISS, and building the CEV as presently constituted. If this wasn't the case then congress would have told Mike Griffin by now!<br /><br />As for the space elevators, I have always supported this idea. My support goes back even as far as Arthur C. Clark's excellent novel about such in "The Fountains of Paradice". But I, like many others on here realize that this idea will quite probably take far longer than at least I have to live to come into full realization, but I do hope that full elevators all the way out to GEO will eventually make space access available for just about anybody!! Then, true epace colonization such as envi

G

gaetanomarano

<br />if you see the ESAS draft report you may discover that CEV design changed many times before to-day proposed version... then, it is NOT "the best and only way" to design a capsule... with a 99.9% probability CEV design will not change from draft... but MAY change... if they want, of course!

T

tap_sa

<font color="yellow">"I think that ONLY posts and threads with INSULTS must be LOCKED "</font><br /><br /><i>Uplink: Where the <b>intellectually</b> curious meet to discuss space and science</i><br /><br />Your postings continuously insult that theme.

G

gaetanomarano

<br />when?<br /><br />where?<br /><br />I suppose you're able to distinguish "irony" from INSULTS

G

grooble

Oh noes you becomed a Star.<br /><br />Hey do you have any more cool images? The one with Shenzou 235 made me laugh.

G

gaetanomarano

<br />no... I've not new images because I "build" an image when I need to better explain a concept... next concept, next image

H

haywood

Hey! Maybe I can become a "star" by posting as much crap as Gaetano does.<br /><br />Nah...not worth it.<br /><br />I'd rather get there the legitimate way.<br /><br />

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts