The Z machine - more energy out than went in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rlb2

See post below. <br /><br />http://www.sandia.gov/media/zmachine.htm<br /><br /><font color="orange">ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- If the power and temperatures generated recently by Sandia's Z accelerator were graphed like stock prices, brokers would describe them as going through the roof and still climbing. <br /><br />The remarkable test results lay the groundwork to achieve sustainable fusion reactions, provide data to help test US defenses without physically exploding large-scale devices (the concept of so-called science-based stockpile stewardship), and advance basic scientific research. <font color="white"><br /><br />Breaking groundwork for future interstellar space travel?</font></font> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

Y

yevaud

Duplicate thread. There's an already active one in the Technology forum.<br /><br />But it is fascinating, isn't it? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

R

rlb2

Thanks I tried to delete it but I couldn't, it’s so difficult to go through hundreds of thousands of post to find if one has already been posted. I just barely have enough time to read through some of the space science posts.... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

Y

yevaud

Not a problem. We just try to prevent multiple threads on the same topic. Too redundant, and it get's confusing. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

M

mikeemmert

When announcing a duplicate thread, you might want to give a link.<br /><br />rib2's right, there's not only a lot of posts, but also different forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts