Theory of 1 dimensional space and 3 dimensional time

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kmarinas86

http://www.discover.com/issues/sep-04/features/plucking-the-strings-of-relativity/<br /><br /><font color="yellow">3. WHAT LIES AT THE HEART OF A BLACK HOLE?<br /><br /> <br /><br />According to general relativity calculations, as one passes the event horizon (the point of no return) of a black hole, space and time switch roles. The inevitability of moving forward in time becomes instead the unavoidable plunge to the singularity at the center of a black hole. And that singularity prevents our knowing what lies beyond. It could be a wormhole, or shortcut, to another place in our universe or even to another universe entirely.<br /><br /> <br /><br />The singularities—the mathematical infinities that crop up in general relativity—are a clear sign that Einstein did not have the final word on gravity. At singularities the laws of physics appear to break down. More likely, our understanding is breaking down. M-theory has tamed some of the simpler singularities of general relativity, with the fuzziness of quantum mechanics taking the sharpness off these very pointy regions of space and eliminating the mathematical infinities. While M-theory has yet to determine precisely what lies at the heart of a black hole, it has shed light on some of their fundamental mysteries.</font><br /><br />http://www.google.com/search?q=space+and+time+dimensions+"switch+roles"&btnG=Search<br /><br />How realistic, experimentally verified, tangible, true, and utterly proven beyond a shadow of a doubt is this? <br /><br />Does acceleration change from m/s^2 into s/m^2 ? -={P

A

alkalin

Km,<br /> <br />Good questions as usual. I may not be qualified to answer but here are a few thoughts anyway. <br /><br /><font color="red"> How realistic, experimentally verified, tangible, true, and utterly proven beyond a shadow of a doubt is this?</font><br /><br />I feel M theory holds some promise for the future, but it will require a considerable amount of modification to completely represent reality, which could occur in the far distant future. For right now I see these notions heading down the road to math mania, or fictional math that seems to be so entertaining these days. <br /><br /><font color="red"> Does acceleration change from m/s^2 into s/m^2 ? -={P</font><br /><br />I’m not sure what you mean with that?<br /><br /><font color="red"> Is the Universe a Fractal? </font> <br /><br />I would say the universe is much more that mere fractals. We have much yet to learn from the universe if only we would try. The question from me is that why do we not try our best to continue to seek data and develop ideas from that data (not theoretical math) that may someday come close to full representation of reality. At this time I feel empirical math is the only route to the truth.<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.