Giveaway This Month's Giveaway is All About Mars and Perseverance! - Winner Announced!

Page 16 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2021
Visit site
All of the planets and moons have interesting things about them. Given that we've barely scratched the surface, I'm happy to learn about anything. I, of course, would love to see people landing on Mars and exploring and hopefully discovering evidence of past life, but I think places like Venus and Europa and a few other moons have many interesting secrets to reveal, probably more so than Mars.

Mar 13, 2021
Visit site
It's got to Mars in the near term to get practiced and ready, then on to Pluto because it would be a distance challenge and maybe get Pluto's dignity back!

Nov 19, 2020
Visit site
For me, Jupiter. Since those storms must be intense. Might tell us what our own planet might succumb to in the distant future. Much like an ice age can start when snow fails to melt in summer and gradually grows, maybe these storms started as little dust devils which eroded much of the sandy surface and took off into a permanent maelstrom.

Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
My choice is back to our own moon!
NASA could construct a “home base” there and perhaps station a long range telescope to further study even farther, the outer reaches of space.
How far out can we look?
Far out!!
Given we’ve been there many times, I believe it’s doable and would be more cost effective for now.
Plus, this venture could lead to more of us, “non-astronaut” citizens the chance to go there ourselves some day.
I’d LEAP at it!!

Mar 18, 2021
Visit site
Exploration of "Venus" helps us better understand our own planet.
Both the Earth and Venus are believed to have been born about 4.6 billion years ago. At the time, there may have been oceans on Venus like that found on the Earth. However, Venus today has no oceans and is covered by dense atmosphere composed of carbon dioxide.

Mar 19, 2021
Visit site
I'd like to see Mars explored because there could be life existing there as there's been a prediction of water being there so it's the best place to start for looking for life in space.

Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
I've always loved Jupiter the most, although it would probably be impossible to explore the way Mars can be explored, it still would be interesting to learn more about it

Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
Oh, Jupiter for me! I just came across (in old papers from my parents' house) a project I did in Grade 5 -- 50-odd years ago, and I am still fascinated by it. Mind you, it's a long ways away and very big, so I guess I might not ever get to hear most of the information found. Don't care -- still think it has lots of mysteries to be solved!

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
Definitely think the next planet we should explore is NEPTUNE! The last time we visited was over 30 years ago with Voyager 2's flyby. Although this was indeed an amazing feat, we've never gone back to study the Neptunian system in detail. So far, all other subsequent studies have been limited space telescope or ground based observations. Therefore, a flagship orbiter mission to Neptune would be amazing! Neptune's odd magnetism, intense & fast storm systems, heat output, chemistry, rings, moons remain a big question mark. Moreover, it's moon Triton is a captured KBO and might hold a subsurface ocean! Last but not least, we've all been in awe by the detailed beauty the Juno and Cassini-Huygens missions to Jupiter and Saturn (respectively) have provided. Imagine what we will see with Neptune! Currently, a mission to the ice giant would take almost 3 decades before even reaching Neptune. That's a long time and I don't know about everyone else, but I want to see a mission to Neptune in my lifetime! Neptune, definitely Neptune should be next! 🔵🛰

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts