Thor (2011) + casting

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

docm

Studio: Marvel/Paramount
Release: May 20, 2011

Director: Kenneth Branaugh (Frankenstein, Hamlet, Dead Again)
Screenplay: Mark Protosevich (The Cell, I Am Legend); Zak Stents & Ashley Miller (Andromeda, Sarah Connor Chronicles)

Synopsis: Doctor Donald Blake has another side; that of the Norse God of Thunder Thor, punished his father Odin for a lack of humility by and sent to live on Earth as a human with no memory of his godliness. Whenever Blake holds Thor's hammer Mjöllnir he transforms into Thor. Through his travels, he battles his evil Brother Loki, Norse God of Mischief, and feels compelled to protect the world he now inhabits, as a god among men.

Dr. Don Blake/Thor: Chris Hemsworth
Jane Foster (Blake's g/f): Natalie Portman
Sif (Thor's wife): Jessica Biel
Loki: Tom Hiddleston
Nick Fury: Samuel L. Jackson
Odin: Brian Blessed

S

Sonjiin

Im looking forward to this movie. And am happy with the casting. I am also looking forward to the Captain America movie to which will be announced soon enough.

I just hope the rumors are true and that the studio will be able to pay all 4 actors for the Avengers Movie.

(Iron man a.k.a Robert Downie Jr)
(The Hulk a.k.a Ed Norton)
(Thor a.k.a Chris Hemsworth)
(Cap America) .

Have them fight the Red Skull will be one hell of a movie i think. Jon Favreau needs to direct it!

Out of Marvel and DC worlds i think Marvel is doing it right. Doing individual movies leading up to one massive Onslaught of awesomeness.

DC on the other hand has the emo Superman (And I love superman, but that movie was just ok, No Chris Reeves by any means) Batman, which have been great. Then the most recently announced Green Lantern (Which should be good). But there is no way they will have all three + actors come together for a Justice League.

Fingers crossed for the next few years in comic movies!

D

docm

Big, bearded and with a voice like a 747 singing opera Brian Blessed was born to play Odin :)

D

docm

rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif

He was so perfect as Vultan :)

C

CommonMan

I collect comics, and Thor is my favorite. I hope they can make him out as powerful as he needs to be for the film to be really good, and try to keep with the comic story line as much as possible.

D

docm

Casting updates/changes:

Odin: Anthony Hopkins

and The Warriors Three are now finalized:

Fandal: Stuart Townsend (Lestat in Queen of the Damned; Dorian Gray in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)

Volstagg: Ray Stevenson (Frank Castle in Punisher: War Zone; Titus Pullo in Rome) (6' 4"/1.93m so he's big enough)

Hogun the Grim: Tadanobu Asano (Japanese/Navajo actor; Kâbê and Zatôichi)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts