thought about accelerating universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

j_rankin

i was just briefly thinking about our accelerating universe, and although this theory has probably been thought of and discarded before, i was thinking about gravity.<br /><br />Would it be possible to think that perhaps when both of two objects are far away from each other, they have less of an effect on each other kinetically than the kinetic energy of the radiation being emitted from each of them. This would mean that the objects are actually pushing each other apart rather than pulling each other in.

N

nexium

Both radiation and gravity decrease as the square of the distance, so I would think, if gravity over welmed radiation up close, gravity would also win at great distances. Neil

S

Saiph

I agree with nexium. <br /><br />Now, you may want to look at MOND theory (modified newtonian dynamics) to see some people toying with the idea that gravity weakens faster once you get to a certain point. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts