Three launches within four hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

krrr

December 21, 2005:<br /><ul type="square"><li>18:38 UTC: Soyuz-U with Progress M-55 (or Progress 20P) from Baikonur<li>19:34 UTC: Kosmos 3M with Gonets-D1M and a military payload from Plesetsk<li>22:33 UTC: Ariane 5G with Insat 4A and MSG-2 from Kourou.<br /></li></li></li></ul><br />Apparently all successful. The Kosmos launch was somewhat under the radar, I hadn't seen it predicted on launch schedule sites. Maybe the military payload is spying on Santa's progress.<br /><br />Has this happened before, i.e. three launches in a day? <br />

S

shoogerbrugge

Another Soyuz (GIOVE-A) and two more Protons(GLONASS and Commercial payloads) are to blast of before the end of the year. It somehow seems that they have the urge to launch as many rockets in the month december as possible. (There was a thrid Proton launch scheduled for this month, but it seems that one is postponed till early 2006).<br /><br />Funny thing about the Cosmos 3M, it first seemed to be the last of its kind to be launched, but its all of a sudden talks are being held about restarting the production in Omsk.

J

jamie_young

No problem Krrrr. Was more concerned about my posts not showing as visable.

S

syndroma

Six successful launches in 10 days.<br />If only that flight rate was regular...

S

SpaceKiwi

Add to that today's launch of AM-23. A sat TV board I frequent has been looking forward to this for a while. Another bird to point the dish at once it becomes operational, though I guess most casual observers are more interested in it's Pacific navagation and broadband internet services for aircraft traversing the 'big pond'. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em><font size="2" color="#ff0000">Who is this superhero?  Henry, the mild-mannered janitor ... could be!</font></em></p><p><em><font size="2">-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</font></em></p><p><font size="5">Bring Back The Black!</font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts