Time and Motion

Interesting. Astronomy discovered the finite speed of light in the 1670s while viewing eclipse and transit events at Jupiter by the Galilean moons. Light-travel-time from Jupiter to Earth was discovered. Special Relativity has three dimensions for space, time is the 4th dimension. When I view an Io occultation event by Jupiter in my telescope on Earth, Io already moved behind Jupiter at Jupiter's location and is in a different position at Jupiter than what I see in my telescopes.

How can your concept of time and distance calculate ephemeris tables for telescope users to observe Galilean moon events at Jupiter that accurately predict when the event will be visible in Earth telescopes? Einstein Special Relativity with light-time and elliptical orbits does work.

.....Oooopsss. I meant to say: Should the concept of time with motion require time and distance to be of the same dimension ????

I would have a better answer if you FULLY explain what is your understanding Einstein' Special Relativity.

Judging by one of your statements in the first paragraph: " Special Relativity has three dimensions for space, time is the 4th dimension"

...are you saying TIME is the 4th dimension of SPACE.

That is what I mean, I require a more detail analysis of your statement.

Last edited:
Reactions: rod
.....Oooopsss. I meant to say: Should the concept of time with motion require time and distance to be of the same dimension ????

I would have a better answer if you FULLY explain what is your understanding Einstein' Special Relativity.

Judging by one of your statements in the first paragraph: " Special Relativity has three dimensions for space, time is the 4th dimension"

...are you saying TIME is the 4th dimension of SPACE.

That is what I mean, I require a more detail analysis of your statement.
IMO i believe time is not a thing but an effect.
Like gravity being an effect and not a real thing.

I think true empty space in the beginning had potential energy.
That potential energy balance is quantum fluctuation.
Quantum fluctuation is the effect we feel as time.
Gravity just a decrease in quantum fluctuation.
Speed a decrease in an individuals quantum fluctuation.

With that thinking a black hole can never shrink to nothing because it has near 0 time or near 0 quantum fluctuation inside.
No crazy singualrities and unknown physics math

The universe can start from nothing, and infinite numbers of them.
When you travel at L you are traveling in a wave and particle, wave in quantum fluctuation and particle in empty space.
Why L goes at L speed.

All JMO but it answers some of the riddles in physics with no complex math.

A good reference about space and time I use is "Relativity The Special and The General Theory", A Clear Explanation that Anyone Can Understand by Albert Einstein, Crown Publishers, INC, 1961. Time is not absolute like in the Galilean transformation using the classical mechanics definition. The speed of light defines time for events observed in different space coordinates, 3D space coordinates defined by x, y, z. So when Io moves around Jupiter during an occultation event, the occultation takes place at Jupiter before I can see Io moving behind Jupiter in my telescope on Earth. I do not occupy the same time coordinate on Earth as Jupiter or the same 3D space. I will see the occultation event in my time frame on Earth, after the event at Jupiter already too place. In Einstein model, there is no instantaneous-action-at-a-distance. It would seem using your definition of time and space as the same dimension - I would see Io move behind Jupiter simultaneous with Io's orbital motion at Jupiter moving behind the planet. This is not what is observed in astronomy and documented since the 1670s. Einstein Special Relativity and definitions are observed and documented.

Let's travel back a few thousand years, ago. Ancient Greece.

A couple of names stand out: Empedocles and Aristotle.

Empedocles: Light travels with a finite velocity, ...determined through thought reasoning. In today's term, it takes time for light to reach Earth coming from the Sun.

Aristotle: Light travels instantly, that is, the moment, light is produced by the Sun, is seen on the Earth and thought the cosmos instantly. No time delay.

Let's go back to what you are saying now and what you said before:

NOW: "The speed of light defines time for events observed in different space coordinates, 3D space coordinates defined by x, y, z. "
BEFORE: " .... three dimensions for space, time is the 4th dimension."

I understand the NOW situation as: it takes time from the moment an event occurs to the moment of its observation at another point in space because information travels at the speed of light and therefore there is a delay to its observation.

I understand the BEFORE situation as: Space and Time coexist together, or to put differently, Space can not exist without Time.

You say: " When you travel at L (meaning light speed) you are traveling in a wave and particle"

Do you know why they say on a wave and a particle ? Is it inferred or proven ?

Your thoughts ......
The duality of the universe.
It's a fact that light is a wave and particle.
All depends on how you measure.
A difficult prospect for physics to explain without long boards of math.

In my universe they are both real and traveling in two different mediums.
No math board at all.

Einstein Special Relativity defines c as a fundamental role, limiting velocity in the universe too like a particle of mass. "Relativity The Special and The General Theory", A Clear Explanation that Anyone Can Understand by Albert Einstein, Crown Publishers, INC, 1961. This book shows how Relativity changed physics including time, motion, velocity, kinetic energy, momentum, etc. from classical physics and including defining time and time dilation. Astronomy test such theory using observations like the Galilean moons, light echoes in gas clouds/nebula in space, binary stars (tests of General Relativity gravity description). In my thinking - it was the discovery that light traveled at a finite velocity in the 1670s based upon observations of the Galilean moons that established the road to Special Relativity and c as a fundamental role. The astronomy of Claudius Ptolemy, ancient Babylonians, Tycho Brahe, Galileo, Kepler, did not know this about light.

Einstein Special Relativity defines c as a fundamental role, limiting velocity in the universe too like a particle of mass. "Relativity The Special and The General Theory", A Clear Explanation that Anyone Can Understand by Albert Einstein, Crown Publishers, INC, 1961. This book shows how Relativity changed physics including time, motion, velocity, kinetic energy, momentum, etc. from classical physics and including defining time and time dilation. Astronomy test such theory using observations like the Galilean moons, light echoes in gas clouds/nebula in space, binary stars (tests of General Relativity gravity description). In my thinking - it was the discovery that light traveled at a finite velocity in the 1670s based upon observations of the Galilean moons that established the road to Special Relativity and c as a fundamental role. The astronomy of Claudius Ptolemy, ancient Babylonians, Tycho Brahe, Galileo, Kepler, did not know this about light.
E=MC2 has stood for a long time and relativity.
Both are math that don'y take up much space.
I think revolutionary ideas will come from simple math.

I always wondered about (C) and why it is the speed it is.
I think E=MC2 is also going to be a reason for (C)

I think we could probably make a unification guess as
Pe Void=QF
QF=Time -Gravity
C=QF wave max

Then we can tie in the E=MC2 as a relationship of Energy.
And Relativity now has a cause not just an effect.

So this universe and the infinite others might be just a balance of Energy.
PeVoid=universe

FYI. The reference I cite, "Relativity The Special and The General Theory", A Clear Explanation that Anyone Can Understand by Albert Einstein, Crown Publishers, INC, 1961. , points out there were two separate laws in science, conservation of energy, and conservation of mass. Special Relativity united these two laws into the famous equation, E=mc^2. The result was the atomic bomb used in WWII and nuclear energy and nuclear weapons technology, as well as developing models how stars could use fusion to create their energy and light. Previously, astronomy used gravitational potential energy to explain the source of the Sun's power and light, thus a slow, contraction creating the sunlight we enjoy on Earth.

Okay, let astronomy and science know when hydrogen bombs are made on the view expressed in the math here where E=mc^2 is false. Also when the computer models, generating H-R star diagrams for globular clusters and other star clusters based upon p-p chain fusion, CNO fusion, and triple alpha fusion inside the stars (all based upon E=mc^2), create similar diagrams to be used in astronomy. The E=mc^2 code used must be replaced with lefteris code.

Gravity does effect light as Einstein correctly predicted in 1916, General Relativity and principle of equivalence. The famous May 1919 total solar eclipse recorded this among many other solar eclipses since. Most recent was August 2017, total solar eclipse across the USA and a TeleVue refractor used - better results too supporting Einstein :)

Gravity does effect light as Einstein correctly predicted in 1916, General Relativity and principle of equivalence. The famous May 1919 total solar eclipse recorded this among many other solar eclipses since. Most recent was August 2017, total solar eclipse across the USA and a TeleVue refractor used - better results too supporting Einstein :)
I'm not saying Einstein is totally right on E=MC2 but lets have a better than that conclusion to it being somewhat wrong.

No doubt E=MC2 will be somewhat wrong and proven so at some point in time.
Like every Theory it's all just the best ideas of now and who knows the real truth.

With respect to the following responses"

"I read that paper and it has lots of assumption and incorrect statements in it.
One that stands out is (gravity does not effect light)..
Tell that to a black hole. "

CAN YOU POINT OUT THE ASSUMPTIONS AND INCORRECT STATEMENTS AND SPECIFICALLY " (gravity does not effect light)."

"Gravity does effect light as Einstein correctly predicted in 1916, General Relativity and principle of equivalence. The famous May 1919 total solar eclipse recorded this among many other solar eclipses since. Most recent was August 2017, total solar eclipse across the USA and a TeleVue refractor used - better results too supporting Einstein "

SOME POINTS ALL OVER AGAIN.

POINT NO 1.
IT WAS NOT EINSTEIN WHO PREDICTED THAT GRAVITY IS EFFECTING LIGHT .
THAT LIGHT WOULD BE EFFECTED BY GRAVITY WAS, FIRSTLY, INVESTIGATED IN 1801 BY SOLDNER, HOWEVER, HE MADE SOME MISTAKES IN HIS MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS WHICH LATER WERE CORRECTED BY JOE NAHHAS. JUST GOOGLE JOE NAHHAS.

POINT NO 2.
EINSTEIN, IN THE FIRST PLACE, REJECTED THAT LIGHT HAS MASS, AND INVENTED THE CURVATURE OF OF SPACETIME TO EXPLAIN GRAVITY, WHICH I MUST POINT OUT, HE, LATER, REJECTED IT. HOWEVER, SOME DIE HARDS CAN NOT LET GO OF IT.

IT WAS INVENTED AND LATER REJECTED BY ALBERT EINSTEIN IN HIS BOOK.

......SINCE THE QUESTION HAS BEEN ASKED, THE HOUSE OF EINSTEIN

.....and I quote: "On the other hand the bending of light not only invalidates his second postulation of special relativity but also it led to the wrong hypothesis that it is due to a fallacious “curvature of space-time” "

HOW CLEAR IS THAT FOR YOU.

Last edited:
With respect to the following responses"

"I read that paper and it has lots of assumption and incorrect statements in it.
One that stands out is (gravity does not effect light)..
Tell that to a black hole. "

CAN YOU POINT OUT THE ASSUMPTIONS AND INCORRECT STATEMENTS AND SPECIFICALLY " (gravity does not effect light)."

"Gravity does effect light as Einstein correctly predicted in 1916, General Relativity and principle of equivalence. The famous May 1919 total solar eclipse recorded this among many other solar eclipses since. Most recent was August 2017, total solar eclipse across the USA and a TeleVue refractor used - better results too supporting Einstein "

SOME POINTS ALL OVER AGAIN.

POINT NO 1.
IT WAS NOT EINSTEIN WHO PREDICTED THAT GRAVITY IS EFFECTING LIGHT .
THAT LIGHT WOULD BE EFFECTED BY GRAVITY WAS, FIRSTLY, INVESTIGATED IN 1801 BY SOLDNER, HOWEVER, HE MADE SOME MISTAKES IN HIS MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS WHICH LATER WERE CORRECTED BY JOE NAHHAS. JUST GOOGLE JOE NAHHAS.

POINT NO 2.
EINSTEIN, IN THE FIRST PLACE, REJECTED THAT LIGHT HAS MASS, AND INVENTED THE CURVATURE OF OF SPACETIME TO EXPLAIN GRAVITY, WHICH I MUST POINT OUT, HE, LATER, REJECTED IT. HOWEVER, SOME DIE HARDS CAN NOT LET GO OF IT.

IT WAS INVENTED AND LATER REJECTED BY ALBERT EINSTEIN IN HIS BOOK.

......SINCE THE QUESTION HAS BEEN ASKED, THE HOUSE OF EINSTEIN

.....and I quote: "On the other hand the bending of light not only invalidates his second postulation of special relativity but also it led to the wrong hypothesis that it is due to a fallacious “curvature of space-time” "

HOW CLEAR IS THAT FOR YOU.
I had a much longer look at that paper and it was very interesting.
That's what i get for blasting my way through it first time.

Like i said a couple posts up i didn't defend Einstein's E=MC2 , just that it was a relationship of energy states.
Wrong or right calculation the idea of one is just a form of the other hasn't changed.

It doesn't really effect my idea of the universe just being a balance of energy of the potential energy of a void.
All it effects is the calculation for mass=E.

There are more papers published by Lefteris, just follow the links.
Ok thanks i will have to do some reading on his papers.

What do you think of Vpe=qf?
Such a simple idea isn't it.

With qf and empty space as 2 things it could even explain some of the duality riddles.
Applied to a black hole it removes singularities and unknown physics.
It just becomes a compressed area with near 0 qf or time.

Been at the math of the beast for a very long time but so many math calculations i think it needs a team of people.

Latest posts