"Time Warp" on Discovery Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MeteorWayne

<p>I stumbled across a show I've never seen before on the Discovery Channel last night.</p><p>It's called "Time Warp" and uses high speed photography to slow down events of interest so we can see what happens. It was fascinating to see a soap bubble burst, it's actually a very interesting directional process.</p><p>It's a fun half hour.</p><p>Two episodes run today between 4 and 5 PM EST, and on Saturday from Noon to 1PM EST.</p><p>I highly recommend tuning in if you can.</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

D

DrRocket

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I stumbled across a show I've never seen before on the Discovery Channel last night.It's called "Time Warp" and uses high speed photography to slow down events of interest so we can see what happens. It was fascinating to see a soap bubble burst, it's actually a very interesting directional process.It's a fun half hour.Two episodes run today between 4 and 5 PM EST, and on Saturday from Noon to 1PM EST.I highly recommend tuning in if you can.&nbsp; <br />Posted by MeteorWayne</DIV></p><p>That stuff is pretty interesting.&nbsp; I have seen a lot of slow-motion films, usually trying&nbsp; to diagnose some sort of failure, incuding explosive events.&nbsp; High film rates, (frames per second) make interesting viewing.&nbsp;It is the only way to watch an rocket explosion and make any sense of what you are seeing.&nbsp; </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts