TothTelescope ad on Space.com - comments please

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brandnew333333

Hi All,<br /><br />I've never posted before. And yes I just created my space.com ID today. But....<br /><br />I've been following this project called the TothTelescope for a few months now. I just saw an advertisement for this scope on the front page of Space.com.<br /><br />I'd like serious comments. Looks like this little scope is suitable for microscope work, regular viewing like a binocular, and for basic astronomy.<br /><br />Looks intriguing. Microscope up to 500x, view someone's face from 3 kilometers and image the moon at the same time. If true I think it's outrageous.<br /><br />Nice e-commerce site, although payment processing is down until tomorrow.<br /><br />Comments?<br />

B

brandnew333333

Yeah, sorry - only one colon in the URL.<br /><br />I think it says it fits on standard tripods somewhere in the text. Interesting images at the bottom of the product page. Some of them made with a 640x480 camera. Also has some nice accessories like that cold light thingy. And it is backed by a venture capital firm. I think it's interesting. Would like to see some moon images though.<br />

H

harmonicaman

There is one image of the moon there, and a house at 7.5 kilometers!

B

brandnew333333

OK. Thanks for the feedback. Have you seen the images at the bottom of the models - product page? Eveything from microscopy to the moon. I think that for somehting this small and multi-use those images look pretty good. But I could be wrong.

B

brandnew333333

Another thought. Have any of you seen a monocular before that is capable of producing an image from 1.2 meters making it usable as a microscope. Any such products on the market? If they are, can I get a link to one?

P

pdvtoth

What do you all think about this image? Also taken with the Tothtelescope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts