Transgender astronomers speak out about outdated name change policies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2021
Visit site
I think it’s a bit silly that you can’t change your name on the journals, but really? “Safety”? Can we not get drawn into this cult speak? It’s not “unsafe” to not have the correct name on a scientific journal. Stop bastardizing our language.

And of course out comes the stupid “are they clued into our social justice causes? Do we have our hustlers on the inside to ‘train’ them in our ‘diversity and inclusion’ buzzword nonsense? That is where the focus should be, not on forcing what isn’t universally agreed upon into every space.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020
Visit site
I think it’s a bit silly that you can’t change your name on the journals, but really? “Safety”? Can we not get drawn into this cult speak? It’s not “unsafe” to not have the correct name on a scientific journal. Stop bastardizing our language.

And of course out comes the stupid “are they clued into our social justice causes? Do we have our hustlers on the inside to ‘train’ them in our ‘diversity and inclusion’ buzzword nonsense? That is where the focus should be, not on forcing what isn’t universally agreed upon into every space.
Bananacat you are a commonsenseaphobe!
To the reducation camp with you!

Reactions: Pianokris
Aug 12, 2020
Visit site
So disappointed with how woke space.com has become. Is it asking too much for you to stick to science? I don't come here for sjw nonsense or leftist politics of any kind. Can't say I'm surprised though. Keep it up and watch your readership implode. But you won't listen.

Reactions: Catastrophe

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
If we were talking about, for example, nationality of astronomers, or vegetarian astronomers, or blond haired astronomers, as if this somehow affected scientific observations, would such discussions belong in a space forum? Or, rather, some forum on psychology or irrational prejudices?

So why is this thread here?

Cat :)

Reactions: sam85geo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts