Tresstrial Planet Finder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bountyhawk

I once read about some computer that Earth is sopposed to launch a Robot made to find planets lwith life, but they we will not Launch till we have more Data, i have a new idea so they dont have to wait as long, Why cant they just make another one that will find earthlike planets with EarthLike Life, so we know we are not the only humans or are we?<br /><br />Possible Humans Lived somewhere different except on Earth, for the fact how can the first humans just pop out of no where, summoned by the bible they call god, i dont beleave this...<br /><br />and i would not believe the first human was born on the outside on ground, perhaps it happened but they would not have been what we look like now...

B

bountyhawk

Comeon i want to know when will they even really launch the Trestrial Planet Finder, by Nasa, Cant they just put a camara onlline on the plaent finder, for super super ultra ultra long long ranged link, thats can travel from earth to the next solar system...<br /><br />Could it be Possible...

B

brandbll

Dude chill out, it's Galius-1 and it's already been launched. If you acted a little more mature and read the news you would know that already. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font size="3">You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!</font></p> </div>

P

plutokuiper

Well I hear Terrestrial Planet Finder was put back up on the shelf. Maybe someday but no time soon.<br /><br />What you want is a really huge aperture and something to block out the glare. It's a tough nut to crack.<br /><br />Life has to come from somewher. So if not here then where? You just move the problem to a different place. Problems still there. What if the forming of stars and planets also means a lot of the time the forming of life too? They say the stuff we're made of was made in the stars and brought here by the comets.

Q

qso1

BountyHawk:<br />I once read about some computer that Earth is sopposed to launch a Robot made to find planets lwith life...<br /><br />Me:<br />There are no active plans to launch such a probe at this time because we have no candidate planets to investigate as yet. Ground and space based telescopes will have to become more advanced in order to find planets with spectral signatures indicating the possible presence of life.<br /><br />BountyHawk:<br />Why cant they just make another one that will find earthlike planets with EarthLike Life, so we know we are not the only humans or are we?<br /><br />Me:<br />Budgets, NASA can't just run out and make something else when they see fit. They have a lengthy justification and budget process to go through and even if we find earthlike worlds, there is no guarantee they will have human like beings. We could find that earthlike worlds are rare and we might not detect the presence of advanced beings for centuries. But this does not mean human like beings do not exists outside earth. They may be too far away for us to reach within a millinia for example.<br /><br />And just for clarity, I'm defining an earthlike world for this post as a planet between the environmental characteristics of Mars and Earth...a planet more earthlike than mars to put it simply.<br /><br />BountyHawk:<br />Possible Humans Lived somewhere different except on Earth, for the fact how can the first humans just pop out of no where, summoned by the bible they call god...<br /><br />Me:<br />The theory of evolution does a pretty good job of showing humans just didn't pop up out of nowhere. <br /><br />BountyHawk:<br />and i would not believe the first human was born on the outside on ground, perhaps it happened but they would not have been what we look like now... <br /><br />Me:<br />Again, evolution which suggests, backed by strong evidence...there would have been no sharp transition to a "First human". A gradual process of evolution from whatever humans evolved from, apes being t <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts