Trojan Horse Blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

doublehelix

Thanks, abq - I've forwarded on your message to the helpdesk. Apologies for the virus troubles.

-dh

A

abq_farside

Thanks
It is a real pain because the site does not finish loading and that makes it hard to read.

A

adrenalynn

I get it from Avast! on my netbook too. But eSet Nod32 and Kaspersky don't flag on my desktops. They're _faaar_ better scanners, so I suspect Avast! is flagging a false positive. I plan to examine the script in question at some point, then mark it safe. Ultimately, Space.com needs to report the false positive to the Avast! guys so they can remove it.

A

abq_farside

I am not getting the alert anymore. So either Avast updated their definitions or or the suspect file is no longer around.

D

doublehelix

Good to hear, abq! Let me know if you run into other unpleasantness like this. Apologies again for the scare.

-dh

A

abq_farside

FYI - getting this again but this time on the main SDC.com home page

D

doublehelix

Hi abq, I've reported this. Apologies for the virus hassle.

-dh

J

Jedy_Yoda

Space.com blocked

Hello

Since today im having trouble accessing this website as my antivirus blocks it.
Im sure this i somekind of mistake but would be great have it solved so i dont have to turn off antivirus whille visiting this website,witch i do very often

heres the block message

Untitled.png

aparently my antivirus dont like one of the advertisings in the front page

Untitle2.png

Best Regards

D

doublehelix

Thanks, Jedy-Yoda - I've forwarded your screenshots to the helpdesk. Apologies for the hassle.

-dh

A

abq_farside

doublehelix":10oixvwt said:
Hi abq, I've reported this. Apologies for the virus hassle.

-dh

Appears to have disappeared again. Thanks

S

Smersh

abq_farside":3iyc99f8 said:
I keep getting a Trojan Horse Blocked message from Avast (anti-virus) when going to many SDC forums pages.

The file is called JS:ScriptSH-inf is from http://www.space.com/common/js.invova.p ... -forum_dk|>{gzip}

near as I can tell from the information displayed.

I use Comodo Internet Security but so far it hasn't flagged this up as a trojan. I just tried searching for JS:ScriptSH-inf on my computer but it doesn't recognise it as a filename and so won't find it under that, but does anyone know what the actual name of the (allegedly) infected file is? Then those of us who are not getting a warning could get our AV programs to quarantine it until Space.com get it sorted.

If this really is a trojan (and not a false positive) that is going to unleash it's nastyness at some future date, then several thousands of people are going to be affected - everyone who reads the articles on the main site for a start. A friend of mine over on another board said his AV at work flagged it up and atm he is prevented from visiting the site at all.

A

adrenalynn

False positive, near as I can tell. VirusTotal doesn't have a problem with it. eSet doesn't. Kaspersky doesn't. Seems like the freebie protection does.

M

Mee_n_Mac

I don't know if this is related or not but I'll guess it is. My company is now blocking SDC because "it or some advertising on it has been identified as being malicious". I went to the URL provided, which was some McAfee corporate site, but looking up SDC there classified SDC as "educational, technology" as opposed to SPAM. I can't well write some objection to my company as they don't want anyone to surf anywhere that isn't strictly business related. Odd thing is that we now use some Symantec AV program.

Status
Not open for further replies.