tropical weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tropicalzone

what tilt of the earth would be the most ideal to put the largest part of the earth in a tropical climate?

Q

qso1

Near or at 90 degrees and tilted in such a way that it rotates around the poles but one pole points at the sun keeping a large portion of it in tropical conditions.<br /><br />The other hemisphere would be in constant darkness (In a single star system) and thus very cold. What I'm not certain of is how such an extreme tilt will affect atmospheric currents. That is, will such currents be conducive to tropical weather system formation.<br /><br />I modeled such a planet for a book I'm doing but its an informal model at best. I don't have access to dynamic system computer models. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

H

heyscottie

Or, conversely, at 0 degrees but tidally locked to the sun so that a day is the same length as a year. Basically gives a similar scenario...

T

tropicalzone

the earth tidally locked would cause one side to be close to 1000F and the other side to be at least -150F or even colder because one side will never see sunlight!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts