Type 1A Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

one_billy

What happens(if anytyhing) to the companion during a 1A event?I'm thinking it has to be affected in some way being that close to the event. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>What happens(if anytyhing) to the companion during a 1A event?I'm thinking it has to be affected in some way being that close to the event. <br />Posted by one_billy</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>I don't know the answer off the top of my head.</p><p>Just thinking about it, there would be an energy pulse, which might expand the size of the companion orbit.</p><p>In a lighter wayne, it would probably be bad to own a condo on a planet orbiting the companion :)<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

D

derekmcd

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>What happens(if anytyhing) to the companion during a 1A event?I'm thinking it has to be affected in some way being that close to the event. <br /> Posted by one_billy</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>A type 1a supernova doesn't leave a core behind.&nbsp; The entire star explodes.&nbsp; The companion star, from which the original white dwarf was accreting matter, no longer has anything to orbit and will be ejected. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div> </div><br /><div><span style="color:#0000ff" class="Apple-style-span">"If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing." - Homer Simpson</span></div> </div>

O

origin

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>&nbsp;A type 1a supernova doesn't leave a core behind.&nbsp; The entire star explodes.&nbsp; The companion star, from which the original white dwarf was accreting matter, no longer has anything to orbit and will be ejected. <br />Posted by derekmcd</DIV><br /><br />I know what a type 1a supernova is but I never picked up that there was no core left behind!&nbsp; Thanks for stating that.&nbsp; Pretty cool.....</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts