United Launch Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nosnelle_

I don't get it, Boeing buys Rocketdyne..........<br />Boeing sells Rockedyne tp (UTC) Pratt & Whitney.......<br />Then turns around and makes an alliance with Lockheed Space.<br /><br />I gotta ask.......<br />Who has the ultimate responsibility for the Delta IV launches?<br /><br />Reason I ask is, my company is a Boeing supplier and we still show approvals for Rocketdyne specifications on their ASL. Any P&W insiders out there?

P

propforce

Not an insider but the standard practice is that Rocketdyne will still approves your parts. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

C

CalliArcale

I would expect so. Rocketdyne retained its brand identity even as a Boeing company, so selling them to P&W will mean some shifts in various nondisclosure agreements and possibly some procedural and financial changes; it depends on how much P&W wishes to internalize their new acquisition. But you'll most likely be working with exactly the same people, using the same or very similar forms and processes, and they will probably do their best to make the transition as painless as possible for their customers. It's in their best interests to do so. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts