Update on Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

doublehelix

Hi everyone, I just wanted to summarize some of the updates we've made to the forums in the last month or two:

Activity Tab
In the Member Center you will notice the Activity Tab, the penultimate one on the right. It lists all your forum and comment activity in the community. Click on the Post title and it will take you directly to that post you wrote. Click on the comment, and it will take you to the article on which you commented.

Styles in Personal Messages
You can now include stylized text, images, links, and emoticons in personal messages.

Signatures
To create your signature, go to Member Center --> Forums --> Edit Posting Defaults --> Edit Signature. In the Edit Display Options area, you can choose whether or not to display other people's signatures.

We hope this will enhance your experience here! :mrgreen:

-dh

S

SpeedFreek

My signature seems to have appeared on some of my older posts, but how do I get it to show on new posts, like this one?

My UCP is set to insert my signature automatically, and the "attach a signature" button is ticked in the options when I post, I have indeed set up a signature, so where is it?

V
V
V

?

S

SpeedFreek

I noticed that, although the "attach a signature" button was ticked when I got to the "post a reply" page, it became unticked after I previewed my post above. I did tick it before I hit Submit, but there is still no signature showing.

As this post is being typed, I see the box is ticked below. I will not hit preview, I will go straight to submit.

I expect the signature to still be missing....

(Windows Vista SP1, Firefox 3)

S

SpeedFreek

Nope. Still no sig there... odd. Everything at my end is set up so attach my signature when I post, but it is not happening.

And yet, if I look at an old post like this one, my sig is there!

D

doublehelix

Hi SpeedFreek, I adjusted some of your permissions. Try it now and let me know. Apologies for the hassle, I know this can be frustrating.

-dh

D

doublehelix

Hi everyone, another update to summarize the latest couple of additions to the forums:

Ranks
Ranks are back! We used the same ranking system that was on Uplink. Hope you are enjoying your current status and looking forward to that next level.

Youtube videos embedded in posts
You can embed the actual video in a post instead of just posting the link. Post the Youtube link itself (not the embed code), highlight it and click the "youtube" button. Preview it and have fun!

-dh

A

abq_farside

doublehelix":1qkiy6sw said:
Hi everyone, another update to summarize the latest couple of additions to the forums:

Ranks
Ranks are back! We used the same ranking system that was on Uplink. Hope you are enjoying your current status and looking forward to that next level.

Youtube videos embedded in posts
You can embed the actual video in a post instead of just posting the link. Post the Youtube link itself (not the embed code), highlight it and click the "youtube" button. Preview it and have fun!

-dh

Very nice - too bad I am no longer a Solar System though.

Thanks!

D

doublehelix

abq_farside":38xo8v31 said:
Very nice - too bad I am no longer a Solar System though.

Thanks!

Well, you'll just have to post a bunch then to get back there. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Srsly, though, you're welcome. It makes me happy to bring improvements for you all here. :mrgreen:

-dh

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts