US military taking 'all hands on deck' approach to understanding UFOs

Where are all the amateur observer reports, especially with the community now using various recording devices and very good telescopes scattered across the USA and other locations?

I was out early this morning observing 0500 EDT. I used my 90-mm refractor telescope and viewed 5 planets and 6 moons in the solar system. Mars and Neptune conjunction where the two separated by about 31.5 arcminutes in their sky positions. I could also observe the waning gibbous Moon in Sagittarius and did.

Nothing seen for UFO/UAPs buzzing around this morning at my location. Venus quite bright though along with Jupiter. Along the ecliptic, Venus, Jupiter, Mars, Saturn, and Moon lower in SW sky easy to see and better with my telescope.

Reactions: sam85geo
Here is my observation report for post #3 comments.

[Observed 0500-0530 EDT/0900-0930 UT. Sunrise 0552 EDT/0952 UT. I could see the conjunction of Mars and Neptune this morning at 71x. Mars distinct planetary shape and orange-red, Neptune blue dot. They were separated by about 31.5 arcminute in their position in the sky, true FOV a bit more than 60 arcminute using the TeleVue 14-mm Delos eyepiece and my 90-mm refractor telescope. Mars at 1.531 AU, Neptune 30.372 AU. At Jupiter, cloud belts visible, 4 Galilean moons, two were very close and almost in vertical alignment. Stellarium 0.22.1 shows Ganymede and Io < 10 arcsecond angular separation, Ganymede nearly on top of Io as viewed in the eyepiece. At Saturn I could see the rings and Titan easily. Venus bright gibbous shape at 15 arcsecond angular size and 73.62% illuminated, apparent magnitude -4.1. Mostly clear skies, temperature 10C with winds north at 6 knots. 5 planets observed along the ecliptic and waning gibbous Moon in Sagittarius viewed as well. Craters prominent along terminator line and Tycho crater. 4 moons at Jupiter observed, one moon at Saturn, and our Moon for a total of 6 moons viewed. I should get bonus points for viewing 5 planets and 6 moons this morning 😊]

I could easily see Ganymede and Io very close and in a nearly vertical configuration but no views of triangle shapes moving around this morning :)

Reactions: sam85geo

Latest posts