Question Using most of the water on earth to go to europa (moon) for fuel.

Is it okay for us to change our body's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 4, 2021
Visit site
Hey yall,

I have many great idea's in my head. and one of them is to make a gigantic spaceship that wil use water based rocket fuel to get to Europa (moon) to mine and collect Ice, turn it into rocket fuel and the rest will then be stored to transport back to earth. if we could do that once, we could start the engine to exploring the visible universe!!.

[Once we can collect the ice we can use the energy to for example create machines to benefit mankind. we can also expirement with changing molecules to change one type of food into another, or we can maybe even change / edit our body's for the people that really want or need it. we could live for more then 1000 years, maybe even cheat death itself. with the energy we could also try to stop the brain decaying process or remove it entirely. the possibility's are almost endless. but i don't want to be some mad scientist so i know that most of this is a very sensitive subject and can be VERY inhumain.]

Would this be possible?

Reactions: Connor

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
" but i don't want to be some mad scientist so i know that most of this is a very sensitive subject and can be VERY inhumain.]"

You have a wonderful imagination and I honestly think you would make a great SF writer. I am really serious about this. Have you ever considered it?

In practice, there is a problem here:
" have many great idea's in my head. and one of them is to make a gigantic spaceship that wil use water based rocket fuel to get to Europa (moon)"

The problem is that, as well as all the water and the gigantic ship, you need the equipment and energy to convert that water into fuel. Have you done any research into this?

Here, again, there is a problem:
"we could start the engine to exploring the visible universe!!."
The nearest star is a about 4.3 light years away. That is over 4.3 years at the speed of light and 43 years at 10% of light speed and over 430 years at 1% light speed. But it is more complicated than that. To get to high speeds you need a lot of acceleration which means a lot of fuel. Then, when you get there, it takes a lot more fuel to slow down again. The speed of light is about 186,000 miles per second which is 186,000 x 60 x 60 miles per hour so 1% (did you think that too slow?) is about 6,700,000 YES 6.7 million miles per hour. Now shall we recalculate for 6,700 mph? In practice, I make that over 430,000 years one way trip.

Cat :)

Reactions: Connor and COLGeek
May 4, 2021
Visit site
hm, thx for the reply. You are right that really is science fiction. i am interested in science fiction, but writing aint my thing and i can't draw any of the things i thought of on my own...

If anyone is interrested in helping sharing the idea's i have then you will get your name on the medium i will be using. (Also when you help we can both decide about what will be the "message" from the medium[for example Instagram and or facebook.])

Catastrophe

OK Here is a very large impossible difficulty. It is the second law of thermodynamics, which states:

The second law of thermodynamics states that in a natural thermodynamic process, the sum of the entropies of the interacting thermodynamic systems never decreases. Another form of the statement is that heat does not spontaneously pass from a colder body to a warmer body.

What this means simply is that you can't get out more energy than you put in. So the energy you get out of the water is less than the energy you need to make the conversion. There are losses which you can look up under entropy. If entropy did not "steal" some of your energy, then perpetual motion would be possible. For example, you can't get a car's speed to drive a dynamo which keeps the car running at the same (or higher) speed. It doesn't work because some of the energy is always lost as heat which cannot be totally recovered.

Reactions: Connor

Catastrophe

Regarding: " we could start the engine to exploring the visible universe!!."

There is an article "How we can Visit Another Star" in Astronomy May 2021 (Sorry Helio)
but the catch is "Breakthrough Starshot plans robotic craft to Proxima Centauri".

Latest posts