Venus inferior conjugation

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alek64

On March 27 2009 I stopped and took pictures of the clouds in the valley in New York. I took also short video clip with my treo phone. I forgot about it and recently I downloaded it into my computer with other pictures. On the pictures from March I have small round object in front of the sun. I have the same object on my video also. I checked the date and it was March 27 2009. I know that Venus did not transit the sun on that day but it was very close. I would like to post that picture and short video clip for anybody to see and maybe explain to me if this optical effect was related to Venus inferior conjugation. The spot on the son is very dark and round. Is it anyway to post pictures and video on this forum?
I can email it to anybody interested.
Thank you.
Alex.

C

crazyeddie

Alek64":25m5096w said:
On March 27 2009 I stopped and took pictures of the clouds in the valley in New York. I took also short video clip with my treo phone. I forgot about it and recently I downloaded it into my computer with other pictures. On the pictures from March I have small round object in front of the sun. I have the same object on my video also. I checked the date and it was March 27 2009. I know that Venus did not transit the sun on that day but it was very close. I would like to post that picture and short video clip for anybody to see and maybe explain to me if this optical effect was related to Venus inferior conjugation. The spot on the son is very dark and round. Is it anyway to post pictures and video on this forum?
I can email it to anybody interested.
Thank you.
Alex.

I think you mean "Venus inferior conjunction", don't you? :oops:

If Venus is passing in front of the Sun, that would known as a Transit of Venus.

This event certainly was not that.

The last one was on Tuesday 8th June 2004, the next will be on: Wednesday 6th June 2012.

Andrew Brown.

S

SpaceTas

I suspect an artifact of the ccd. When an object is too bright for the ccd pixels, they are recorded as (zero) black. So the black disk would be the sun, and the light spot would be the fainter internal reflection in the camera.

I don't have a planeterium program, so some-one else will need to check where Venus was.

Status
Not open for further replies.