Viewing NOAA-N launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

msiegel

Hello,<br />I am thinking about seeing the NOAA-N launch early Wednesday. From what I can read, the best place to view it is Santa Ynez peak. If you've seen launches at VAFB, is this indeed the best spot? I'll be coming from the north, so I'd rather not go farther south. If you know of other sites north, please share.<br /><br />Also, regarding Santa Ynez... The car ride up sounds a little dicey (Danger note in directions). I'm a safe driver, but I'd be in a minivan. Will making it to the top be a problem? I'll be arriving and leaving in the dark? Also, I just read about needing an AdventurePass. In your experience, is this necessary in the middle of the night?<br /><br />Thanks in advance for an advice you can provide.<br />Yours, Marc

S

SpaceKiwi

Just a reminder to those up around the planet that NASA TV has begun live coverage of this launch.<br /><br />T-130 minutes approx, everything nominal at this time. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em><font size="2" color="#ff0000">Who is this superhero?  Henry, the mild-mannered janitor ... could be!</font></em></p><p><em><font size="2">-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</font></em></p><p><font size="5">Bring Back The Black!</font></p> </div>

S

SpaceKiwi

Correction, working a 'water deluge pump' problem. Launch requires 3 of 4 pumps to be operational. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em><font size="2" color="#ff0000">Who is this superhero?  Henry, the mild-mannered janitor ... could be!</font></em></p><p><em><font size="2">-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</font></em></p><p><font size="5">Bring Back The Black!</font></p> </div>

S

SpaceKiwi

Just as an aside I wonder why SDC hasn't linked to NASA TV for this launch, instead preferring to run a 'play-by-play' courtesy of SpaceflightNow.com. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em><font size="2" color="#ff0000">Who is this superhero?  Henry, the mild-mannered janitor ... could be!</font></em></p><p><em><font size="2">-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</font></em></p><p><font size="5">Bring Back The Black!</font></p> </div>

A

Astrosag

Hey msiegel....a group of students from Cal Poly head out near Firefighter road. We watched the Gravity B Probe launch from there which was spectacular. But this launch is being hampered by delays...VERY irritating haha. Especially last night..cancelling the launch at 2:10 am...we were almost in our cars before we got word..and now till thursday-....great..i have a midterm that day! This really sucks. haha. Anyways, try FireFighter road off the main road to Vandenberg. Hope it helps.

S

SpaceKiwi

At T-84 minutes, things are looking good for a launch tonight. Not working any issues, and the weather seems favourable. They have just polled for cryo-tanking, and it's a "go". <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em><font size="2" color="#ff0000">Who is this superhero?  Henry, the mild-mannered janitor ... could be!</font></em></p><p><em><font size="2">-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</font></em></p><p><font size="5">Bring Back The Black!</font></p> </div>

D

davp99

Super Launch ~! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="4">Dave..</font> </div>

S

SpaceKiwi

Yes, fantastic launch!<br /><br />Vehicle still in coast phase. Waiting for second stage restart. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em><font size="2" color="#ff0000">Who is this superhero?  Henry, the mild-mannered janitor ... could be!</font></em></p><p><em><font size="2">-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</font></em></p><p><font size="5">Bring Back The Black!</font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.