"Voyage to the Planets"

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckeyeba

I just love this (mock)umentary and watch it at least once a month. I realize they play fast and loose with some of the science (one month's travel to Venus--- 3 years from Pluto back to Earth). I really appreciate the way they handle gravity, radiation and illness. My one real negative happens to be the most beautiful scene: when the sun "sets" on Io, and Jupiter appears in the background. Since the distance is about 260,000 miles (a little farther than our own moon from us), I would suppose that Jupiter would appear much bigger, but I'm splitting hairs. Still, it's a fantastic documentary-style fiction with a lot of fun science thrown in.

I first saw it on Discovery, and the American version is edited to end the mission at Saturn. (This was a BBC presentation originally titled, "Space Odyssey." Why change the name?) It is available at one of my local libraries and on the cheap at Amazon where I bought two copies (one for a friend).

Who else really liked this picture?

S

spacecadet11

For your information: Though replies might not be tallied by the site...does not mean post's were not read.
Bye
SC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts