Voyager Distances Incorrect

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

heliocracy

The distances cited for both Voyagers are incorrect in the article about the Termination Shock. As of 2/24/06, Voyager I was over 9 billion miles away (from both the Earth and the Sun), and Voyager II was over 7 billion miles away. This article claims that Voyager 1 is now 8.6 billion miles, and Voyager II at 6.5 billion. Since both are moving away at least 34,000 miles per hour, and more than three months have passed since the numbers I quote above, the article's claims are clearly way off. In fact, you have to go all the way back to January of 2005 to see a distance of 8.7 billion for Voyager 1.<br /> <br />But don't take my word for it, NASA keeps track:<br /> <br />http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/mission/weekly-reports/index.htm<br />

Q

qso1

The article is only as good as the writer and that person may have simply figured nobody was going to proof read him. He should have looked at the weekly reports. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts