WARNING SPACE.COM IS SPAM SOURCE

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deputydogsdad

I registered on Space.com and WHAM my mailbox is getting spam addressed to my username which I have never used anywhere else. Do not use your real email address here. I thought this site was Legit.

M

MeteorWayne

That seems unlikely, since I have been registered for years with no problem. It seems far more likely you did something else that exposed your underbelly.

R

rubicondsrv

deputydogsdad":ycyyp5hz said:
I registered on Space.com and WHAM my mailbox is getting spam addressed to my username which I have never used anywhere else. Do not use your real email address here. I thought this site was Legit.

I can assure you that we do not provide email addresses to spammers.

we spend enough time exterminating spammer infestations on this site, feeding the spammers is the last thing we would do.

J

jakethesnake

I completely disagree … I have been on this site for several years and I use my work email to log on.
I have not had any spam shot my way because of space.com… not even once!

J

jgrtmp

I've been here for about 2 decades with no problems. Watch for outfits that you can join that do blogs, They can get the blog list & band 20+ emails...

A

a_lost_packet_

I've been here for quite awhile and SDC certainly isn't a source of spam nor did I experience any increase in spam when I first signed up.

Obviously, it's the fault of general User Error on behalf of the OP and nothing that SDC has ever done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts