Warp Drive Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JerryDad

Warp Drive Technology, ala Star Trek, is possible, I believe. Since by definition "warp" is a warping of space-time, I think it can be accomplished through some creative "bending" of electromagnetic fields. For instance, if a space craft developed a "warped" electromagnetic field around itself, then an opposing electromagnetic field could be projected ahead of it, the craft would merge with the projected field, essentially pulling itself through space. Another factor that would work in this scenario is the exchanging of electromagnetic energy with dark energy, keeping a balance in the universe but jumping from "bubble" to "bubble" along a pre-determined course. The net result would be a warping of space-time on a continuous basis, leading to faster and faster movement of the craft. The only questions in my mind are (A) what kind of apparatus would be required to do this, and (B) could human beings live through the process? I believe the answer to (B) is yes, because the craft and its passengers would exist within their own "bubble" of electromagnetic energy, one "bubble" at a time, so they would be unaffected by the forces generated. As for (A), I have no idea.

L

Larryman

I think I'll stick with using the hyperspace f-t-l voyage medium. I don't think hyperspace requires as much power consuption as creating a space-warp bubble.

Status
Not open for further replies.