Was that Venus I saw last week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fatal291

hey guys I live in richmond virginia (Latitude: 37° 32' North <br />Longitude: 77° 28' West) and I heard about being able to see Venus with the nakked eye. I saw something pretty bright in the sky (looked like a bright star) but I was assuming it was Venus because it was along the usual path the moon takes across my front house. I dont have much but i have a compass and im facing Between NW and North. The time I saw it was around 8-10 .

N

nexium

Venus is naked eye visable, from sunset to about 11 pm EDT all of May 2007 clouds permiting. Often it is 3d brightest after the sun and moon. When I saw Venus last week and about 8 hours ago it was West and set in the NW. I don't think it will ever be North except as viewed from South of the Equator. For more details see the Venus is close to the Moon thread, and the magnetude of the Moon thread. Neil

M

MeteorWayne

Yes Venus is about WNW at that hour, with Saurn above it. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts