Watch NASA's Artemis 1 SLS megarocket moon launch for free with these live webcasts

Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
NASA has just announced its free livestream coverage plans for the Artemis 1 launch

Watch NASA's Artemis 1 SLS megarocket moon launch for free with these live webcasts : Read more

Does it usually cost money to watch NASA launch a rocket?

I do know it costs money launch the rocket. A lot of it. $4.1 Billion to be exact.

It cost more to built the rocket in the first place, of course. $22 Billion more.

The total cost of the Artemis Program will be about $100 Billion.

With 330 million people in the USA at the moment my part of that cost works out to $300.

That's before adding the Universal Service Fed that the federal government tacks on my cable bill, or the excise fee on my mobile bill.

That headline is true - if you're Canadian.

COLGeek

Does it usually cost money to watch NASA launch a rocket?

I do know it costs money launch the rocket. A lot of it. $4.1 Billion to be exact.

It cost more to built the rocket in the first place, of course. $22 Billion more.

The total cost of the Artemis Program will be about $100 Billion.

With 330 million people in the USA at the moment my part of that cost works out to $300.

That's before adding the Universal Service Fed that the federal government tacks on my cable bill, or the excise fee on my mobile bill.

That headline is true - if you're Canadian.
Watching is free. Launching is certainly NOT free. Just clarifying for our international community.

Latest posts