"Watchmen" DVD's schedule - includes "Black Freighter" & "Under The Hoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

docm

You read that right: DVD<strong>'s</strong><br /> <br /> 1. "Watchmen" hits the theaters May 6, 2009.<br /> <br /> 2. later that week a DVD of "Tales Of The Black Freighter", a story woven into the "Watchmen" graphic novels, is released starring Gerard Butler (Leonidas in "300") as the castaway. "Watchmen" creator Alan Moore has stated that "Tales Of The Black Freighter" ends up describing "the story of Adrian Veidt" - AKA Ozymandias - via allegory.<br /> <br /> Also on this DVD is another movie from the Watchmen universe; "Under The Hood", a documentary style telling of the characters back stories (originally this was just Nite-Owl I's autobiography).<br /> <br /> 3. 4 months later (September, 2009) the "Watchmen" DVD hits the streets.<br /> <br /> 4. at "some time" after that "Watchmen: Ultimate Edition" hits Blu-Ray with all of the above, and more including the full 5 hour directors cut of "Watchmen". <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

WOW!&nbsp; They've gone "all out" with this.&nbsp; I'll definitely pick that up.<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

N

nimbus

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Blu-Ray &nbsp;including the full 5 hour directors cut of "Watchmen". <br /> Posted by docm</DIV>Now that is awesome!!<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

J

jcdenton

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>4. at "some time" after that "Watchmen: Ultimate Edition" hits Blu-Ray with all of the above, and more including the full 5 hour directors cut of "Watchmen". <br /> Posted by docm</DIV></p><p>Wow, a 5 hour director's cut? Watchmen is pretty heavy material to fit in to a regular 2 hour movie. A full 3 hour theatrical cut would do it more justice, but studio execs don't like doing that anymore. They should probably consider splitting it in to a 2 or 3 part set like Kill Bill or LOTR. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

D

docm

Snyder has a 3 hour cut now and is arguing with the studio over their desire to make ie 2.5 hours...my bet is that he gets his way.&nbsp; The 5 hour DC would be sauce for the goose. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

C

CalliArcale

<p>Didn't Terry Gilliam say he wouldn't do it unless it could be made into a miniseries of at least five hours?</p><p>*chuckles*</p><p>Well, this certainly raises my hopes for the movie.&nbsp; Clearly, they are cognizant of the depth of the work. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

D

docm

<p>Snyder (the director) said in a recent interview that the actors, his production team and he all used large bound copies of the <em>WATCHMEN</em> graphic novel as "Bibles" during the pre-production meetings and shoot. I think the trailer reflects that as every sequence in it can be found in <em>WATCHMEN.</em> Reports are that ComiCon's panel, where they showed even more footage, was no different and that the huge fan-boy crowd attending was bouncing off the ceiling. </p><p>I don't think it gets better than that.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts