jimglenn

I can hardly hold in my gushing happiness over this. :p

Flame-Poster.jpg

http://outsports.com/jocktalkblog/2009/ ... games-bid/

May go undercover with my new tiny spy cam. :twisted:

Cleveland awarded 2014 Gay Games
Sep 29th, 2009
by Jim Buzinski.

Cleveland was awarded the 2014 Gay Games in an announcement made a minute ago in Cologne, Germany, at the Federation of Gay Games meeting. Cleveland beat out Boston and Washington D.C.

Valarie McCall, the chief of government affairs for the City of Cleveland, said the decision was “transformational” for the city. “When you come to Clev-e-land, O-hi-o, U.S.A., we will, we will, rock you,” she chanted.

Cleveland has committed a reported $4.5 million to the event, and 7,000 people showed up at a recent rally at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to make their pitch for the city. The financial pledges were a key factor since the Gay Games host has finished in the red in 1990, 1994, 1998 and 2002, though Chicago in 2006 broke even.

“Cleveland demonstrated to the Federation of Gay Games that they understood the mission of the Gay Games and our principles of ‘Participation, Inclusion, and Personal Best,’” said Kurt Dahl and Emy Ritt, FGG co-presidents in a statement. “We were highly impressed by the facilities and infrastructure, the widespread community sport, their financial plan and the city’s experience in hosting large scale sports and cultural events.”

S

StarRider1701

I'm guessing this means you live in good old Cleve-burg? I'm not too far from you, just down I71 a peice in Columbus. I hope this doesn't mean you're a Browns fan (condolences and filicitations if true).
I, of course, am the fan of the one true team (who needs to get thier s**t together fast or I'ma hafta go kick alla their butts bigtime!) GO STEELERS! :cool:

J

jimglenn

I used to be off Fleet ave, until it became a battle zone. Now further south in farm country, pretty docile,

just tractors, damsels, corn. Not a football fan, was into baseball when the Indians were better.

Cleve has a strong contingent of gays in Lakewood mainly, a couple big bathhouse kind of clubs, one built
from the old Greyhound bus terminal, pools, Roman sauna, booths. But they claim it is not a friendly city.

The games might incite riots or something.

Gay1$white-night-riot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.