Welcome New Mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ReverendDan

I was told the fashion previously was ban first, bury questions later.

M

MeteorWayne

So WTH is going on here dianeh? You're getting rid of sane moderators? I noticed yev and drwayne have been removed. Am I next? Sheesh....

S

spaceadmin

MeteorWayne":kakulol5 said:
So WTH is going on here dianeh? You're getting rid of sane moderators? I noticed yev and drwayne have been removed. Am I next? Sheesh....

[I was going to address this via PM, but better make a public comment, for the sake of transparency and to preempt community anxiety]

it is just one more change, in the end. this community has been through many changes in both moderation teams and software platforms (sometimes sudden, true). life goes on, the community adjusts, and the boards continue to have quality users and quality discussions. I've been through them all, just "roll with it". I'm sure the new moderators will continue the tradition of fair moderation, and should be welcomed by all accordingly.

R

ReverendDan

Well, given the immoderate tone with which one of the former moderators suggested I injest
a "hypergolic coctail", I am not surprised at the removal.

M

MeteorWayne

If there wasn't a profanity filter, I might suggest far worse. What planet is your brain from?

D

draconis

Yes, and I wish I understood why you move perfectly valid topics to places like "Unexplained." Even the name is an insult. These are seekers after the truth, not held to rigid, pre-conceived notions decided by the system. If you can't hack that, perhaps another job IS in your future.

M

MeteorWayne

Holy Crap! I can't believe how much the standards have been losened around here. I guess I'll stick to the few remaining science forums.

SDC has become Stupid dot Com

R

ReverendDan

The reasoning behind the retnetion policies is becoming clearer to me.

M

MeteorWayne

ReverendDan":3owk21ot said:
Clearer to you? Surely you jest!! :evil:

You know, I've busted my ass for the last year trying to keep this place useful, and to be kicked to the curb..**** you all.

Dan

PS, you spell like ****!

S

summoner

At this point I'm guessing April Fool's joke, but if not cya all layer.

B

BurgerB75

summoner":22vy23bo said:
At this point I'm guessing April Fool's joke, but if not cya all layer.

I really hope so. Looks like they held the mod hiring fair at 4chan.

D

draconis

MeteorWayne":1xu27rb5 said:
ReverendDan":1xu27rb5 said:
Clearer to you? Surely you jest!! :evil:

You know, I've busted my ass for the last year trying to keep this place useful, and to be kicked to the curb..____ you all.

Dan

PS, you spell like ____!

Doorknob...ass...you know...

C

CommonMan

I must defend MW. If the Moderator job is to keep stupid, spam, and idiots inline here , he is doing a good job.

D

draconis

Maybe so, spam removal is a good thing, but the (former) people here were far too un-inclusive of ideas. Management noticed.

D

draconis

When we are still here tomorrow morning working here, then perhaps you may change your tune. The old people were volunteer employees of Imaginova. Space.com has been recently bought by Tech Media Network. New owners:new faces.

Look at the very bottom of this page, and tell me who it says owns and runs this board now.

Management thought it'd be a hoot to do this swapover on the 1st. They thought all of you would appreciate the humor in it. May be they were wrong about that.

G

GalaxyQwest

If you are going to start paying moderators, the start of a new quarter makes sense, don't you think? Who cares if it's the silly "April Fools Day". Finances don't work like that. I'm looking forward to the income.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts