What if.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ascan1984

Apollo 13 had never been swaped from Al Shepards crew to Jim Lovels crew. How do you think Als crew would have handled it?

M

mattblack

Extremely well, as any of the crews would have. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p>One Percent of Federal Funding For Space: America <strong><em><u>CAN</u></em></strong> Afford it!!  LEO is a <strong><em>Prison</em></strong> -- It's time for a <em><strong>JAILBREAK</strong></em>!!</p> </div>

D

drwayne

Heres a variation, suppose Mattingly doesn't get replaced by Swigert, and Mattingly is *on* Apollo 13.<br /><br />Mattingly is not on the ground doing a lot of work to set the guys up for CM restart.<br /><br />Wayne <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>"1) Give no quarter; 2) Take no prisoners; 3) Sink everything."  Admiral Jackie Fisher</p> </div>

S

SpaceKiwi

What if the Apollo 1 tragedy never happened? How far does the program get with pure oxygen in the capsule, and is it inevitable that a crew would have been lost in space, perhaps in a stable Earth or Lunar orbit? Would a retrieval effort ensue?<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em><font size="2" color="#ff0000">Who is this superhero?  Henry, the mild-mannered janitor ... could be!</font></em></p><p><em><font size="2">-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</font></em></p><p><font size="5">Bring Back The Black!</font></p> </div>

D

drwayne

For that matter, what would have happened if Apollo 13 had blown up in boost, as it nearly did?<br /><br />Wayne <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>"1) Give no quarter; 2) Take no prisoners; 3) Sink everything."  Admiral Jackie Fisher</p> </div>

S

SpaceKiwi

Wayne, from reading some old thread conversation between you and najaB, I get the impression you are an authority on the Apollo problems.<br /><br />Do you believe there is any connection between all the problems in Apollo 13's boost phase, and the subsequent problem with the tank stir? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em><font size="2" color="#ff0000">Who is this superhero?  Henry, the mild-mannered janitor ... could be!</font></em></p><p><em><font size="2">-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</font></em></p><p><font size="5">Bring Back The Black!</font></p> </div>

D

drwayne

You give me too much credit. My late father was the authority.<br /><br />No, I don't think so. The damage to the wiring which was the cause of the explosion was done long before launch.<br /><br />The shaking certainly did nothing to help, but I don't think the explosion would not have happened without the Pogo.<br /><br />Wayne <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>"1) Give no quarter; 2) Take no prisoners; 3) Sink everything."  Admiral Jackie Fisher</p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts