What is with the adds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nec208

The other message board did not have adds :lol: Why does this message board have adds?

S

SpeedFreek

Well, the pluck forum did have adverts, but they had to be disabled early on because they caused loading problems, as I remember.

M

MeteorWayne

I see nothing wrong with Imaginova making some money as long as the ads are not garish and annoying (which they are not) and don't cause any slowdowns (which they don't).

S

Smersh

Imaginova won't be making any money out of me, with the ad that keeps appearing at the top of my screen, for "Gay-Parship.co.uk - Find someone really right for you" :p

M

MeteorWayne

Sssshhhhh, don't tell anybody, but I don't even look at the ads :)

D

DrRocket

MeteorWayne":3566mxkb said:
Sssshhhhh, don't tell anybody, but I don't even look at the ads :)

Unfortunately, because some occur as a bar when scrolling down in a thread, I do look at them -- and have and will probably continue to erroneously see them as a cue that I have reached the bottom. However, I do not actually read them. Hence they are a nuisance.

BTW what happened to the spell checker ? Is there a means to use a spell checker without composing offline ?

N

nec208

I don't really look at them but some times ads slow the computer down.Go to web sites or message boards with ads and some times it slows the computer down.

D

doublehelix

DrRocket":2o5pr6z4 said:
BTW what happened to the spell checker ? Is there a means to use a spell checker without composing offline ?

In Firefox, if you right click in the edit window, the browser's native spellchecker will be available to you.

I have not seen this option with IE - has anyone else?

I'll look into the spellcheck issue.

-dh

X

xXTheOneRavenXx

As a custom pc builder it's always better to use Mozilla Firefox over IE. Firefox is built secure and when there is an update (not too often) it re-installs a new version, unlike IE with it's dozens of patches that take up extra room on your pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts