What was this????

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

msmathis

It is approx. 9:05 pm in SE Georgia I was walking my dog when I noticed something in the sky. It looked almost like a shuttle taking off with two bright orange lights with some sort of "tail" behind. I then noticed a third "light" in the front almost forming a triangular shape. The back two burnt out (or so it appeared) then I noticed a "U shaped" (the best way I can describe is when the shuttle makes re-entry) in front of this. Then all of a sudden it looked as though it were a firework very, very, very far away. Some type of explosion. It split again into two or three pieces and eventually disappeared completely. By the time I could get my telescope out it was gone. What was this???????

M

msmathis

It is approx. 9:05 pm in SE Georgia I was walking my dog when I noticed something in the sky. It looked almost like a shuttle taking off with two bright orange lights with some sort of "tail" behind. I then noticed a third "light" in the front almost forming a triangular shape. The back two burnt out (or so it appeared) then I noticed a "U shaped" (the best way I can describe is when the shuttle makes re-entry) in front of this. Then all of a sudden it looked as though it were a firework very, very, very far away. Some type of explosion. It split again into two or three pieces and eventually disappeared completely. By the time I could get my telescope out it was gone. What was this??????? My email address is msmathis01@yahoo.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.