What's the implication of the dual nature of light?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ffries2

Just wondering, what's the implication of the dual nature of light? :p Thanks.

D

drwayne

Your question is very broad. Care to "focus" it a little more tightly?<br /><br />Wayne <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>"1) Give no quarter; 2) Take no prisoners; 3) Sink everything."  Admiral Jackie Fisher</p> </div>

V

vogon13

Wave/particle duality.<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

K

kmarinas86

If it was particle, but not a wave, then we could not have radio<i>waves</i>, micro<i>waves</i>, ELF, VLF, and the like.<br /><br />If it was wave, but not a particle, we would not have, UV <i>rays</i>, x<i>rays</i>, gamma <i>rays</i>.<br /><br />Light covers the electromagnetic spectrum from waves to rays, from low energy light to high energy light.<br /><br />Large particles are a manifestation of small waves, and large waves are manifestation of small particles. A particle then, is merely a source or sink for waves. A wave then, is anything other than a source or sink for particles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts