What's Vacuum Energy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

over_the_stars

Hi, All Good people that would like to help,,<br />I just have some tiny questions,<br />I want to know what's vacuum energy, and what can it do?<br />is it so powerful -I read so,, is it even useful, do we use it?? and if we do, how do we use it?? that's all for now, please any one answer as soon as he read,, many thanks, your bro Ahmed

L

le3119

There is no consensus on what vacuum energy is. It is sometimes equated with quintessence (a force responsible for expanding space, opposing the tendency of gravity to resist), dark energy or Casimir radiation. It is also called Zero Point Energy. This subject can spure a whole spectrum of opinions and theories.<br /><br />It is my view, that vacuum energy is an inflationary "photon" or force. It is responsible for inflation of space, and is quite independent of gravity, it exhibits its own momentum and is responsible for constants such as C (light speed). Well, I believe we can harness and use this energy, but it's not clear how. There is such a thing as an ideal vacuum (a space that is completely empty of mass particles), this is probably our best source of V-energy. I also believe that there are analogies between systems of electromagnetic energy (governed by thermodynamics) and systems of vacuum energy (governed by some other dynamics or mechanics yet to be understood). Vacuum energy, which is responsible for inflation, is surely a potential source of energy for warping space, the basis of a future warp drive. These are just my views, based on reading many books on the subject of astrophysics and quantum field theory, personally, I've written maybe 50 pages on this subject, outlining my own theory for vacuum energy and its potential application in a "faster than light" warp drive of a sort. I'd love to hear other thoughts on the subject.

O

over_the_stars

Dear le3119,,<br />Thanks for responding,<br />From all your words I only got the idea that V-energy is the energy or power responsible for expansing the universe since the big bang?? is that right?? if it is so, it must so so so powerful that we couldn't control or even make,, and sure it is unseen and maybe faster than light too,, does that make any sense,, I just dont know much, too less, that's all,, waiting for more replies, thanks again,, bye

L

le3119

I need to draw a distinction here between a vacuum force and energy. I think the vacuum is a force field that conducts electromagnetic and gravitational energy. But there may also be an inflationary vacuum energy independent from the vacuum force field itself. <br /><br />That being said, I don't think vacuum energy can travel faster than light (or gravity). I do think some property of the vacuum limits the propogation of light and gravity to this speed. I also don't believe this energy is too powerful to harness and control (within a limited amount of space, or in a spaceship). I actually believe that vacuums we produce in a laboratory can exhibit the same properties as the vacuum of outer space, but an investigation of these questions are beyond the scope of our current physics...this is something I've written about further. <br /><br />If we want to learn to manipulate vacuum fields, and control vacuum energy, we should pay attention to spinning black holes, and how the vacuum behaves within the event horizon of these objects. We also need to find out how to build vacuum fields that are emptier than the deepest voids in the universe. The emptier the vacuum, the "hotter" it is, it carries a higher energy conduction potential (relative to a surrounding less ideal vacuum). Some inflationary models for the early universe suggest a vacuum phase transition led to the "speeding up" and "slowing down" of inflation. I keep thinking there are analogies between electrical circuit theory and the basis for vacuum energy systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts