Why are spaceships always seen on Earth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Antwerpo

We've seen the video's, the pictures, and the descriptions by witnesses but one thing I've never understood about whole the UFO spaceship show: Why don't we see them where they belong, in space? Is it possible for a spaceship to enter earth's atmosphere without being noticed? We can spot almost all the asteroids that enter our atmosphere but with all the UFO sightings on earth you would expect them to come together with sightings of them in space on their way to earth or leaving earth.

M

MeteorWayne

We spot meteoroids coming into the atmosphere because their speed is so high they are burning up. We spot a small number of 10-50 meter sized asteroids near earth. Most alleged spacecraft are small that that. Also searches are designed to discover objects in orbit around the sun.

You do raise a good question for the many mile ling craft that are reported...another strike against the maga craft.

G

GraemeH

MeteorWayne":1chyylib said:
We spot meteoroids coming into the atmosphere because their speed is so high they are burning up. We spot a small number of 10-50 meter sized asteroids near earth. Most alleged spacecraft are small that that. Also searches are designed to discover objects in orbit around the sun.

You do raise a good question for the many mile ling craft that are reported...another strike against the maga craft.

Alien spaceships might not be spotted (visually) because the hulls of a "mother ship" craft may be black and thus have very low albedo (low reflectivity) and very low emissivity (IR signature) this would make them very difficult to spot. In fact I can only think of an occultation of the background star field as a means of detection.

I'm not saying this is the case, merely exploring possibilities from an open minded perspective ;)

F

Fallingstar1971

Because they lack the funding or ambition to get out of LEO silly.......

Star

B

bushwhacker

there were a cple reports from the apollo days.
in one the astronauts reported they were being paced by a ufo on the way to the moon.
in the other while on the moon the astronauts reported that ufo's were sitting on the opposite side of the crater from them.

A

Antwerpo

MeteorWayne":25i2xa9q said:

So there is no way that objects the size of the alleged UFO's would be spotted in space? This gives indeed another blow to the military cover up theories. I can't imagine that after Roswell the military wouldn't have invested in just doing only that. I wouldn't even see them invest them in the wars on earth as there clearly would be more dangers coming from space than from the east :)

bushwhacker":25i2xa9q said:
there were a cple reports from the apollo days.
in one the astronauts reported they were being paced by a ufo on the way to the moon.
in the other while on the moon the astronauts reported that ufo's were sitting on the opposite side of the crater from them.

Yes I do know about them but those are not the UFO's I was talking about. I'm talking about the UFO's that are thought to be spaceships and that are spotted on earth. So only if a an astronaut saw a UFO entering earth and at the same day a UFO is spotted on earth would be considered in my question.

I'm only talking about the those aliens that visit earth, not about the aliens living on the back of the moon, they clearly have no spaceships ;)

About the black ships that GraemeH mentions wouldn't a black ship also be spotted with these huge lightbulbs we have like the moon and the sun. A spaceship could try to avoid being directly visible in front of the moon but is that possible as we have different angles all over the world to watch the skies? I can't imagine that black ships would be able to avoid the missile detectors as it would be very easy for every enemy nation no? Just paint your rockets black?

Millions of astronomers in the world and none of them ever saw a UFO in space? For me that's is too weird with that huge amount of UFO sightings. The UFO's do a real bad job of being not visible on earth so why do they do such a good job at it when they arrive here? The only place we are least able to shoot them is in space. There is no logic there.

Z

ZenGalacticore

Logic? You're bringing logic into a UFO discussion?

UFOs are seen in Earth's atmosphere because they're usually aircraft, weather balloons, meteors, or optical illusions created by natural and artificial light sources interacting with atmospheric conditions.

A

Antwerpo

ZenGalacticore":l89f9wqs said:
Logic? You're bringing logic into a UFO discussion?

UFOs are seen in Earth's atmosphere because they're usually aircraft, weather balloons, meteors, or optical illusions created by natural and artificial light sources interacting with atmospheric conditions.

Well you use logic in a UFO discussion, why can't I try? ;)

Z

ZenGalacticore

I'm glad you noticed the irony.

Logically, genuine UFOs are optical illusions.

A

Antwerpo

Although a smart believer could argue they don't use space to travel here!

_insert intro from the twilight zone here_

V

vladdrac

Logic: In a Universe which some now think infinite, it is not unreasonable to propose that there are other 'intelligent technological species' much older than our own. They may have perfected the art of the machine. They can go anywhere and do anything they want thanks to vastly superior technological skills.

Z

ZenGalacticore

vladdrac":1jsuopji said:
Logic: In a Universe which some now think infinite, it is not unreasonable to propose that there are other 'intelligent technological species' much older than our own. They may have perfected the art of the machine. They can go anywhere and do anything they want thanks to vastly superior technological skills.

I totally agree.

But that doesn't mean they are here, or have been here. Like you said, it's an infinitely huge Universe. :cool:

F

FlatEarth

ZenGalacticore":1c3szvx7 said:
I'm glad you noticed the irony.

Logically, genuine UFOs are optical illusions.
What do you call radar confirmations of visual sightings? Coincident radar illusions? :lol:

Y

yevaud

Fwiw, I on occasion would track clouds with my military ADA radar systems. Entirely unexpected, let me tell you.

M

MeteorWayne

Various atmospheric phenomena can reflect radar...ever heard of weather radar? :) It tracks precipitation, bugs and birds, in fact diesel exhaust above the NJ turnpike....

Y

yevaud

I said "track," as in what ADA radars do...track them as if they were aircraft with a solid return and false doppler suggesting the cloud was moving at several hundred knots.

F

FlatEarth

Many assume UFO sightings are commonplace. They are not. Ask MeteorWayne, who has never observed one despite all that scope time. Perhaps he lives in the wrong neck of the woods. Back in the '50's, astronomers had a higher percentage of UFO sightings than the general public. I don't know if that holds true today, but it does make sense that those who spend long hours watching the sky would be more likely to see unexplained objects. In fact, according to Edward Ruppelt in The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects, astronomers did see unexplained objects, but some were reluctant to talk about them lest their reputations be damaged.

Telescopes typically are focused on specific targets in space, and it would be extremely unlikely to spot something like a spaceship. Has anyone ever accidentally spotted a man made space probe in a telescope? Not to my knowledge. And how fast do they travel? Typically less than 50,000 mph. Try spotting an object traveling near the speed of light. Or even at superluminal velocities. By accident. Impossible.

UFOs are actually a rare occurrence. The odds of seeing one on a space mission is minuscule. We don't know if the military can detect them entering the atmosphere, and if they can, they are not saying. I, too, would expect that something a mile across would be easy to pick up, but if the government isn't talking, we'll never know if they have.

M

MeteorWayne

I just wanted to clarify that I spend almost no time looking through a telescope at a tiny part of the sky. I am a meteor observer, so spend my time watching the whole sky looking for anything that moves.

F

FlatEarth

MeteorWayne":347nbxl5 said:
Various atmospheric phenomena can reflect radar...ever heard of weather radar? :) It tracks precipitation, bugs and birds, in fact diesel exhaust above the NJ turnpike....
I'm sure radar operators can and do make mistakes. But maybe you can explain Flight JAL 1628. The pilot reported the object and it was also reported on radar. Were they both imagining it? Oh, and the pilot decided to check if it was a weather phenomenon, and flew in a circular path to see if it would follow, and it did. Didn't this weather pattern know it shouldn't do that? Sorry, your explanation doesn't cover this incident.

BTW, the government tried to cover it up. Maybe they're trying to keep us from knowing about evil weather patterns. :lol: :lol: :lol:

V

vladdrac

:cool: I'll bet this: At least one of those alien civilizations cruises the universe because its fun and enlightenment.
ZenGalacticore":2ao4yrle said:
vladdrac":2ao4yrle said:

I totally agree.

But that doesn't mean they are here, or have been here. Like you said, it's an infinitely huge Universe. :cool:

G

GraemeH

Antwerpo":pdg64fxx said:
About the black ships that GraemeH mentions wouldn't a black ship also be spotted with these huge lightbulbs we have like the moon and the sun. A spaceship could try to avoid being directly visible in front of the moon but is that possible as we have different angles all over the world to watch the skies? I can't imagine that black ships would be able to avoid the missile detectors as it would be very easy for every enemy nation no? Just paint your rockets black?

:D Remember though, if the craft have no EM reflectivity, they will not reflect the light from the "huge lightbulbs" and therefore will not be visible in space from the surface of the Earth. As for contrast against against the moon, all they would have to do there is keep well away from the ecliptic and so would not be in a direct line of sight.

Yes, our own military has utilised stealth coatings for just such a purpose. for example, the B2 stealth bomber. Interstingly, one of the counter measures to one of the early Strategic Defence Initiative ("Star Wars") ideas of a space based laser was that the enemy could paint their missiles silver and thus reflect the incoming beam. If the alien motherships were black, they would be vulnerable from laser attack (Star Wars again) but I suspect they'd launch counter measures, such as foil chaff.

If I was an alien, I'd park my mothership at Lagrange point 2 (L2) as this is outside the moon's orbit with no chance of passing in front of the sun (actually on opposite side of Earth). Although, we have a few space based observatories there so it might be getting a bit crowded! :lol:

Millions of astronomers in the world and none of them ever saw a UFO in space? For me that's is too weird with that huge amount of UFO sightings. The UFO's do a real bad job of being not visible on earth so why do they do such a good job at it when they arrive here? The only place we are least able to shoot them is in space. There is no logic there.

Very true, but the odds of an astronomer noticing the background star field occultation, referred to in my original post above, is astronomically small (excuse pun). Even if reported, the event would probably be considered an erroneous observation as it would unlikely be repeated and be put down to an owl/bat/insect/plane/weather baloon passing infront of the observers field of view. :lol:

Again, just to be clear, I'm not for one moment suggesting this is fact - I'm just exploring what is possible and what is not.

U

undidly

Look at the Muslim flag.
What is the bright object ,looks like a star,BETWEEN earth and the moon.
Meteor,no, gone in a second.
Some thing positioned to be visible from the middle east for a long time,many hours or days while the aliens
travel the short distance to Earth to do whatever they do.
Flying wheels ,pillars or fire ,scary creatures are all in the ancient books.

G

GraemeH

undidly":3vwqc0lz said:
Look at the Muslim flag.
Some thing positioned to be visible from the middle east for a long time,many hours or days while the aliens

The origin of the iconic star and cresent moon symbols on many Islamic nations' national flags appears to have nothing to do with religion nor astronomical observations: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_fl ... n_and_star

Ancient Middle Eastern astronomy was highly advanced but, IMHO, there appears to be no record in Babylonian (or later Greek and Roman) writings of such a phenomenon as you allude to.

U

undidly

GraemeH":2krlvwu9 said:
undidly":2krlvwu9 said:
Look at the Muslim flag.

The origin of the iconic star and cresent moon symbols on many Islamic nations' national flags appears to have nothing to do with religion nor astronomical observations: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_fl ... n_and_star

Ancient Middle Eastern astronomy was highly advanced but, IMHO, there appears to be no record in Babylonian (or later Greek and Roman) writings of such a phenomenon as you allude to.

Thanks for that wikipedia info.(Written by a skeptic ?.)
Many flags have more than one alien space ship BETWEEN the Earth and the side of the moon which is in shadow.
In a simple geometric pattern to impress the locals.
Exiting times 2000 years ago when the GODS came down ,parking their craft where the craft are are easy to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.