Question Why can't we clean our atmosphere?

Jul 14, 2024
Visit site
As an observer, I find it amazing that we could save 3 astronauts on APOLLO 13; yet, not be able to do precisely that to our own atmosphere.
Those men scrounged materials within an area smaller than a closet. It kept alive long enough to return home.
Huge zeppelins/platforms could be made to achieve the same process. Totally unmanned.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Theoretically, it could be done to a certain extent. Who will pay for it?

Also, if we don't reduce emissions, is it worth pursuing?

Don't get me wrong. I am a HUGE fan of clean air and drinkable water. I've just heard these arguments before....and little actually gets accomplished.

It would take a huge amount of carbon in a certain form to clean the whole atmosphere, but, the process to make that carbon in the correct form would probably produce more CO2 than it would remove.

Where are you(not personally) going to put the dirt? Just the particulates will make quite a pile.

Not to mention all the lifeforms that depend on that dirt.

Who can really say or define clean air and clean water? Our air and water is used in many known and many unknown cycles. Both carry other life-form's nutrients. And wastes. Both are vehicles of life process.

We are NOT alone here. We must share our water and air. We can watch the nutrients from Sahara spread thru out the planet. They fertilize much of Europe and other continents. There are many more distributions we don't see thru air and water.

What's gonna happen with no Sahara dust? No delta mud?

Cleaning up man's pollution is a great thing and can be done.

Modifying active pollution can be done.

Modifying climate change can not be done. The chorus of Asia is too strong. CO2 and particulate matter is coming. Look at the cities over there now. Can't wait until they can add odor to an image.

Deep hot water could satisfy the world. Only a drill bit can replace fossil fuel.

There are other aspects of our environment that remain very mysterious. With the machines that can amplify DNA, a new "new world exploration" is taking place. We don't hear much about it.

These studies have a profound effect on the tree of life of this planet. This comes from environmental DNA sampling.

And it more than doubled the inventory of life on this planet over night. And much more has been added since. When ever we sample, we find flesh new DNA from thousands and thousands of new unknown life forms. And most of these forms can't be found, we don't know where and how they live.

A very huge new science. And constantly being expanded.

This is like finding huge new populations of algae in the oceans. And not knowing how they fit in our recycling systems. And what functions they provide.

This probably at the least affects our recycling ratios.

It will be centuries before we understand life's web on this planet.

Why can't a relative youngling of the universe, now well advanced in its developing, in its needing, in its wanting, to the due time of birthing to a new raw, alien, harsh and forbidding outside frontier,, stop perpetually growing, stop perpetually developing the limbs, organs, cells and energies it will need for birth and further growth . . . and stop polluting its womb world with such far advanced energies and matters of a far advanced frontier life-ready combustibility?!

Why can't it stop the clock, suspend time in the womb, become perfectly suited, perfectly Utopianized, to run on a treadmill to nowhere in its womb-world into perpetuity?!

Last edited:
Reactions: billslugg
Aug 2, 2024
Visit site
Thank you for accepting me. I am an ameture space enthusiast. I initially joined because I have a far out idea of solving the space junk problem. I'm a bit shy about engaging but feel it's worth a ponder. Michigan

Reactions: Spacecadet

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Thank you for accepting me. I am an ameture space enthusiast. I initially joined because I have a far out idea of solving the space junk problem. I'm a bit shy about engaging but feel it's worth a ponder. Michigan
This thread is about cleaning the atmosphere. Search about a bit and you'll find some space junk threads...or start your own.

Welcome!