Why fails SETI? - Why the Fermi paradox?

Page 5 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Dec 11, 2019
"Records"

How about the actual things the "records" recorded? All of this implied, advanced tech...you would think some of it would be a bit more resilient than simply the records of it.
It could be that some things were stored on crystals in the past. I would think a few may be locked up deep under the Sphinx. And even if their was I am sure they wouldn't let us know what is on them and or even get in there to get them.

Nov 27, 2019
That's the same problem singularities cause for everything, including heat, mass, matter, and all the other forces. That doesn't undermine "gravity as a force".
It does undermine (singularities) as a part of reality.
bad conclusion from bad math or simply bad idea about nature of gravity.

Throw away the idea of singularities and replace with compression of time/activity then a black hole and gravity become simple.
JMO

Oct 24, 2019
When I wrote in my personal journal at 17 (now 65) that "Time is Rate of Consciousness.) I might have had a hint. When very smart people like Hawking and others dealing with the question of time and space stated that time is a human invention and experience... Well, since then I learned about dimensions (11 known) where space, time and other physics might be completely different all bets were off.

Reactions: Truthseeker007
Dec 11, 2019
The advanced tech. The advanced art.
The advanced fabrics, or medicinal devices, or the advanced metal alloys, or the advanced machines. Anachronistically speaking, of course.

Where did it all go?
Where does everything go over time? Buried. Have you ever heard of erosion? Lots of things inside the pyramids in Egypt also which aren't allowed to be explored. Atlantis sunk in the ocean more than likely in the area of the Bermuda triangle. Not many want to go there and explore deep in the ocean in that area. :D

Dec 28, 2019
I don't think anyone can figure out what gravity is. Which you would think somebody could by now. It kind of baffles me really that nobody can say for sure. I think you got some good theories on it though.
Gravity according to Einstein's Theory of Relativity is actually a warping of space by mass. He showed that this also explains the bending of light by stars' gravity, which is a well observed phenomenon. This makes gravity not really a "force" of the same type as the electromagnetic, strong and weak forces. Thus it's not mediated by "gravitons" and cannot, in principle, be unified with these forces because it's not (strictly speaking) a force. Think again about the fact that gravity bends light. Photons are massless so, according to Newton's formula for gravity, it should have no effect on them. But it does. Thus it baffles me why a lot a quantum physicists are still trying to incorporate gravity as the fourth force. My prediction is, they'll never succeed (for the reasons stated)....

Reactions: Truthseeker007
Dec 11, 2019
Gravity according to Einstein's Theory of Relativity is actually a warping of space by mass. He showed that this also explains the bending of light by stars' gravity, which is a well observed phenomenon. This makes gravity not really a "force" of the same type as the electromagnetic, strong and weak forces. Thus it's not mediated by "gravitons" and cannot, in principle, be unified with these forces because it's not (strictly speaking) a force. Think again about the fact that gravity bends light. Photons are massless so, according to Newton's formula for gravity, it should have no effect on them. But it does. Thus it baffles me why a lot a quantum physicists are still trying to incorporate gravity as the fourth force. My prediction is, they'll never succeed (for the reasons stated)....
It's definitely a mind bender to say the least.lol! Do you think it is possible to harness gravity? If so that may be the key to time travel I think. If it can bend light I think it would make sense that if gravity is harnessed it maybe used to warp spacetime. Just a thought not sure if this has been said before.

Feb 18, 2020
Here's my layman's take on things. Number one, we call ourselves "intelligent" life, but how intelligent are we really? Just because we have language, the ability to reason and can build things, and even travel to our own Moon does not mean we have a superior intelligence. We remain the same killing machines we were tens of thousands of years ago when we fought for a particular habitat to reside. Not much has changed in the ensuing years. We are still only a blink away from self annihilation, not so intelligent imo.

I have little doubt that in the vastness of the Universe there are BILLIONS of planets that have some form of "intelligent" life and there may be millions of far more intelligence than ours. Regardless of that conclusion they (as well as us) are all faced with the same problem. We are all designed only to propagate the planet we are born to. No matter how much we evolve, all other parts of the Universe will probably always remain inhospitable to our survival. This may well be the case for any other intelligent life form that shares this Universe with us.

Even to be able to communicate with another life form that is hundreds, thousands or millions of light years away is improbable at best and impossible more likely. What we do know is that we are the superior species on this inconsequential little ball of dirt flying through space. And it will probably remain this way until we either become extinct through our own doing or due to some cataclysmic event.

If there were a vastly superior species out there that somehow found a way to not only find us but to visit our little planet, they might decide to pillage us and our resources in the same way we have done to each other and our planet for the last 50,000 years. I tend to agree with Hawking there. Better we not be discovered before we wipe ourselves out.
I agree life out there don't need us to help them and we don't need them but now we are popping like never before and its only time sending signals all over cosmos that intelligent life well pick it up we can depend on that

Feb 18, 2020
gravity is hot and cold working in harmony that is it het pushes out and cold pushes in

Nov 27, 2019
Gravity IMO is simply a compression.
Not a force at all.
A compressed area of space that also compresses activity/time.
Why a black hole doesn't become infinite mass/gravity is compression of time/activity.
Singularities IMO are wrong and no proof of infinite mass/gravity exists say they are wrong theory.
Relativity rightish but for the wrong reason.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts