Question Why the Earth is not Orbiting the Sun? The Geocentric Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2020
www.linkedin.com
The Earth is not orbiting the sun as it has a fixed position in the universe with the rotation around its axis.

Researches always measured by logic and experiments, as a fact, humans build their results based on what they discovered and observed within their environment. All the analysis’s built on what we learned and what the human brains can understand it, and this knowledge come from the place where we live, as in the same environment the humans and other Creatures are learning from each other and create a rules based on best practices and best results that they got from these practices.

What we learn and practice in the Sea is differ than what we learn in the Desert, Jungle or on the Mountain, even countries are different from each other, every environment has its own rules, Creatures, plants, living style and culture

rod

Oct 22, 2019
FYI. I watched the 6:42 video, very interesting. The Sun and Moon were discussed and at the end, another video is coming that will show the geocentric solar system is more accurate than the heliocentric solar system. Okay, this 6:42 minute video discussed the Moon's movement about the Earth and from what I can tell, it is not an elliptical orbit with perigee and apogee, the Moon size is a constant and the same side faces Earth. The Moon shows 59% of its surface to viewers with good telescopes during lunar librations. The next video should be interesting. So far nothing about stellar parallax or retrograde motion. Saturn began retrograde in Capricornus on 23-May and continues while Jupiter is moving across the stars in the opposite direction. Saturn steadily moving westward away from Theta Capricornii star. Tycho Brahe attempted to refute Copernicus by his Mars opposition campaigns where he would measure the Mars parallax but failed. Kepler used Tycho Brahe Mars observations to develop the elliptical orbit system around the Sun. Should be interesting to demonstrate the geocentric astronomy is more accurate than the heliocentric solar system, including distance measurements too.

Jun 1, 2020
The video demonstrates, in part, why GR supports the view that the Earth can be treated as the center of the Universe, at least kinematically. But GR also allows any point in the Universe to be treated as the center of the Universe!

However, when this is done, new forces must be imagined in order to explain cause and effect. A heliocentric/barycentric model (for the solar system) has no honest competitor when physics and observations (ie objective evidence vs. subjective opinions) are applied.

Worse, since Galileo demonstrated that Venus (and Mercury) have both gibbous and crescent phases, it is impossible to explain this given the orbits drawn in the video. No gibbous phases are possible when Venus has a closer orbit to Earth (the supposed center) than the Sun. Even the religious, and most scientific body (ie Jesuits) in their day, quickly recognized Galileo's claims (once he gave them a telescope), even though the church dogma demanded it. [Ok, they had the Tychonic model on the shelf, which they attempted to use, but not boldly. :)]

Then there is the issue as to why Venus and Mercury never venture far from the Sun. This is why epicycles were invented, which would require incredibly strange forces at play. Ptolemy used these and his equant only for a means to allow (mathematically) a way to predict where the planets would be in the relatively near future. His was a math model, not a modern physics model.

Jun 1, 2020
:)

I've always enjoyed reading about Galileo and others in those days, and I enjoy sharing it. It is a period that became the defining moments in establishing modern science, thus, in turn, helping to define how philosophy and religion must be seen.

In those days the top positions were held by philosophers, so much so that, even today, the highest honor comes with a PhD. Galileo was at the bottom of the Totem pole at Padua U as a lowly mathematician, but this forced him to do other things that sharpened his metal.

Reactions: Catastrophe

Catastrophe

The devil is in the detail
" top positions were held by philosophers"
I am not too happy (just imho) about connecting Philosophy and religion. To me there is a world of difference. I am sure that I don't have to write my opinions, because you know them well. I will say only that I believe genuine philosophy has a supportable role in human endeavour and is not in any way . . . . . . Galileo . . . . . . . . . personal aggrandizement . . . . . . . . . cruelty . . . . . . . . . etcetera.
It is the province of philosophy to dream up potentially viable answers which science, now or some time in the future, might consider to have entered its realm. This does obviously not having bogey men at the bottom of the garden. It is the exercising of free ranging thought but, hopefully, devoid of using any knowledge or conjecture to distort the truth (small t).

Cat :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS