WIKISKY - Interactive Online Sky Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kostya30

I just wanted to inform comunity about new Internet resource - www.sky-map.org . It's real interactive sky-map working more or less liek google maps. It seems like my last message about that was deleted by moderators and I dont understand reasons for that. sky-map is absolutelly non business resource, so what's wrong with just letting people know about that???<br />Thanks.<br />K. Lysenko. <br /><br />(Yevaud, Update: the link is fine, as long as you don't make a crusade about pushing the product.)

Q

qso1

Was that whiskey or wikisky Lol?<br /><br />Seriously, thanks for the link, an excellent link at that. Not sure why it would be deleted, could have been simple human error. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

Y

yevaud

It was not deleted, it's being held in suspension while we decide if it is to be considered as Spam or not, as it does have a "pay-for" element to it. As well, you have been posting the same thread in multiple forums; that is not permitted under our rules. <br /><br />You must choose one and only one forum for this thread to remain in. Please PM me or one of the other Moderators, so that we can proceed from there.<br /><br />I must also point out to you that when a Moderator deletes a thread, for whatever reason, it is a serious breach of our rules for you to repost it there again. This is frequently considered as open defiance of a Moderator's actions or instructions. Please do not do so again.<br /><br />(Sorry, I forgot to add, "thank you." I hope I didn't sound too harsh a note here. Not intended in this case.) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

M

mithridates

I didn't get to see the original post but I suspect the op might have written .net or some other extension where it was supposed to be .org. On the latter I see nothing about paying for service (in the faq it says it's a non-commercial project) and I'm currently having fun typing in star names and taking a look at what's nearby them. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>----- </p><p>http://mithridates.blogspot.com</p> </div>

Y

yevaud

Even so, pushing a product is rather verboten. And it does say that it is pay-for if used in a commercial sense.<br /><br />In any event, no problem. As I said in my edit, above, as long as this thread doesn't keep being reposted or being bumped just to keep it visible, it will not be considered as Spam. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.