*WINNER ANNOUNCED!* Win The Ultimate Space Prize Bundle Giveaway from Space.com!

Page 7 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
Voyager 1. And if you think it's a spacecraft and not a spaceship, remember it carries a distillation of all human thought and experience. I'll shed a tear when it signs off.

Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
My favorite ship is the Space Shuttle Enterprise. It brought so many dreams to life in 1977. Then I got to actually see the original in NY a few years back. I am also a fan of the Star Ship Enterprise - NCC-1701

Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
Saturn V. I liked Titusville Florida in the sixties and when they launched the Ground shook the windows rattled and each one was spectacular

Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
The Saturn V is my all time favorite. It was designed to head to Mars with the power it held. I get the chills every time i watch it lift off!

Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
My fav would have to be the Saturn V. All that raw power - millions of gallons of differenot fuels. And it was the only way to send men to the moon! Plus it never failed! What a rocket! would loved to have been there to see a launch!

Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
Saturn V is my all time favourite ship. It was huge at 363ft tall. All that power needed to send a relatively small ship to the moon with men on board! It must have been some experience to see a launch. I would have loved to see Apollo 17 launch as it was the only night launch. Plus it has a few teething problems but it never failed to launch successfully! Incredible 🥰

Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
From fiction, I'd have to say the USSS Richard M Nixon from the book Saturn Run because the technology was really cool and I loved how the authors actually tried to make it feasible. As for real ships, I don't know if I could picl just one because so many made such large impacts technologically and in how they improved our scientific discoveries.

Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
My favorite real spaceship is the Lunar Excursion Module "Eagle" from Apollo 11.
My favorite fictional spaceship is also named "Eagle"- The "Eagle" from the TV series SPACE:1999. Both are utilitarian workhorses that made me dream as a kid about someday becoming a space traveler myself.

Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
Real: modern era - SpaceX/Elon Musk's dream "Starship" for the possibilities and the guts to dream big!
And to the Saturn V team for making many of us kids back then dream big!
Fiction : Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy's "Heart of Gold" for letting us laugh across the universe!

Jan 23, 2020
Visit site
What about the Valley Forge from the movie, Silent Running? In all these years, I've never forgotten that ship or movie! Of course, when Star Wars first came out, I'm not ashamed to say I went back and saw the movie 13 times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS