World Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

atticus808

is there a free program on the internet that would give me a world map or globe?<br />a map detailed like a globe you would buy or a map you would put on your wall?<br />thank you

S

Saiph

there's a google program called...geesh, Google Earth, that you can download. Basically it's a fully navigable globe, on all scales, with satellite imagry, and you can even go 3d (btw, visit the grand canyon). <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

J

jschaef5

Google Earth is probably the first one that comes to mind like stated above but NASA also has one called World Wind. I was going to download it one day but decided to just get google earth but i heard its pretty nice also. I believe it has more realistic terrain type settings and such whereas google earth is just satallite imagery.<br /><br />http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/ <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts