World's oldest calendar' discovered carved into ancient monument

"Additionally, two enclosures (labeled C and D in the study) are made up of 11 T-shaped pillars. When interpreted alongside other archaeological sites in the region that gave special significance to the number 11, the study team says this is evidence that the inhabitants of Göbekli Tepe were also tracking the 11 full phases of the moon in a 365-day solar year."

There are 13 lunar cycles in a 365 day year, not 11. I'm confused.

Reactions: Classical Motion
From Wiki ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_month ):

"While the Moon is orbiting Earth, Earth is progressing in its orbit around the Sun. After completing its § Sidereal month, the Moon must move a little further to reach the new position having the same angular distance from the Sun, appearing to move with respect to the stars since the previous month. Consequently, at 27 days, 7 hours, 43 minutes and 11.5 seconds,[5] the sidereal month is about 2.2 days shorter than the synodic month. Thus, about 13.37 sidereal months, but about 12.37 synodic months, occur in a Gregorian year."

Not seeing a reason for "11".

Also, the article states:
"(Platinum can be formed in areas of high temperatures, including in the case of meteor strikes.)"

Obviously, platinum is an element, and it is not created from something else by high heat (unless you are talking about a supernova event, maybe). I think the author is probably confused, and really means that platinum in some sort of particulate form found in some archeological or geological layer is evidence of a high temperature event of some kind(s?). Is the real issue that the platinum would have been in the comet or asteroid, or is the thinking that it is part of the terrestrial ejecta from an impact? Considering how rarer platinum is on Earth, I am not expecting it to be unusually high in concentration if it came from Earth soil or rock where a comet or asteroid hit.

Jul 12, 2024
Visit site
"as experts continue to examine aspects such as why there is no suspect crater linked to the Younger Dryas impact, and what remnants the comet may have left behind."

They explained his: The comet was broken up, struck the Earth in struck the ice shelf itself, in places in Canada, Greenland and Iceland.

TRENDING THREADS