Worm hole possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pioneer0333

Remember, all I do is Think and Imagine.<br /><br /> I think that if a machine could be built to in a way compress space it's self. You could reduce the distance from both opening points of the "tube" sort of speak from point A and B. But I'm stuck on figuring out if the object that passes between these two points will be affected by this of distortion of space.<br /><br /> Any takers please reply. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

P

pioneer0333

By compress space, I think of actually "cutting off" an actual piece of space. The area cut off will be seperated from all of space surrounding the enclosed part. Think of a slinky with a fabric covering on the outside. Stretch it, and it will not affect any "slice" or piece of space. Now let the slinky spring back into it's normal compacted shape. But at each opening, that area will still be holding on to the point in space it touched when stretched out. I'm not sure this will work. But I do know the technology will not be around for many many years, if not centuries. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

P

pioneer0333

Never heard of an Einstean Bridge. What is it? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

F

frobozz

Essentially, it's a folding of space. A common analogy is to thing of a piece of paper and fold it in half and poke a hole in it. The "hole" represents the worm hole and essentially the idea is you can travel through the hole to get from point on the piece of paper to the other instaneously. That's not the best explanation of it, perhaps someone can do better?<br /><br />

V

vogon13

I'm more of a fan of the Haslein curve.<br /><br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts