You Can't Travel Back in Time, Scientists Say

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gregaspec

Well if we can't travel back in time, then I guess you would not want to travel to the future either as you would not be able to return?

V

vogon13

Damn, if I had a one way ticket to the future I would probaly go.<br /><br />Adios all you m--------------<br /><br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

M

mooware

I can travel to the future.. <br /><br />I'm doing it right now..

W

weeman

Which scientists are saying this? Do you have an article?<br /><br />I don't know how it could be possible to travel to the future since it hasn't happened yet. Of course, there is the possibility of our predetermined future. <br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><strong><font color="#ff0000">Techies: We do it in the dark. </font></strong></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>"Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.</strong><strong>" -Albert Einstein </strong></font></p> </div>

E

enigma10

Well, travelling to the future is easy, argue about it for a minute and you'll be there. Wait.<br /><br /> Ok. Future here. <br /><br /> One must start thinking of probabilities instead of possibilities in our universe. Once you do, you'll realise the probability of you returning to the future you left becomes extremely improbable as the changes you would probably induce would alter the future you're in, therefore you could never tell the future you came from that you travelled to the past. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <em>"<font color="#333399">An organism at war with itself is a doomed organism." - Carl Sagan</font></em> </div>

A

alokmohan

Time travel is permissible as per general theory of relativity.You may time travel to past theoritically.But scientists say it may give rise to paradox called matricide paradox.Suppose one is capable of time travel,he travels backward in time.Sees his mother before he was born and kills her ..Then he cannot travel forward as he prevent himself from being born.

E

enigma10

I tend to believe more in the butterfly effect. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <em>"<font color="#333399">An organism at war with itself is a doomed organism." - Carl Sagan</font></em> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts