10 exhilarating spaceflight missions to watch in 2024

May 22, 2023
Visit site
Artemis 2 is not an exhilarating spaceflight mission. It is planned to be a much less ambitious mission than Artemis 1 was years earlier, and less ambitious even than Apollo 8 over half a century before. Unlike those, Artemis 2 will not enter lunar orbit, Artemis 1 already demonstrated the capability of the spacecraft to perform the Artemis 2 mission autonomously; the astronauts are just along for the ride. And, unlike Apollo 8, the Artemis missions aren't really, if we're being honest, pathfinders for a lunar landing. At the time of Apollo 8, development of the Apollo Lunar Module was well under way, just a few months from being ready to go. Artemis has no integral lander; it will depend on SpaceX developing its Starship HLS, which is just vaporware now. It's blown up twice, never orbited Earth, and yet the plan is for a "high teen" number of Starship flights to fuel the depot version of Starship in orbit, which will then fuel the lander, which must then fly to lunar orbit to meet Artemis 3. Not going to happen this decade, if ever.

So, you think Artemis 3 will land on the moon in 2026, as NASA says it will?
You said he would not get there by the end of the decade, which is 6 years from now. That is what I responded to. Then you changed the question to 2 years from now, which is much less likely than 6 years from now, and established that as my current position and then challenged it. This is called a "moving target" establishing a "straw man argument". No thanks.

May 22, 2023
Visit site
You said he would not get there by the end of the decade, which is 6 years from now. That is what I responded to. Then you changed the question to 2 years from now, which is much less likely than 6 years from now, and established that as my current position and then challenged it. This is called a "moving target" establishing a "straw man argument". No thanks.
Sorry, that was not my intent. Just trying to narrow down how much of NASA's and Musk's hype you're buying. When do you think NASA's next landing on the moon, and do you think Musk's cockamamie Starship HLS will do it?

Now you are asserting I am buying hype. You are also calling Musk "cockamamie". This is "bullying", "name calling" and "demonization". Tieing me to it is "guilt by association". All of these are invalid forms of argumentation, of which you have now used six. No thanks.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Sorry, that was not my intent. Just trying to narrow down how much of NASA's and Musk's hype you're buying. When do you think NASA's next landing on the moon, and do you think Musk's cockamamie Starship HLS will do it?
Objectivity is expected in order to have a meaningful discussion on this site.

In regards to your questions, I don't expect NASA nor SpaceX will meet their publicly released timelines. The complexity of both efforts will continue to challenge the programs.

Dec 1, 2023
Visit site
I recall sitting around the TV, watching with amazement at the Apollo Landing. The entire family, neighbors and friends were busy on the phones, talking, asking, watching. It is an awesome moment when we watch humans take to the stars! Every time there was a launch from the space center, Floridians would pull over and stop to watch the excitement. The water in the lagoon would vibrate and you could feel it before even seeing it! The very idea of humans leaving our planet, to visit space, is astounding. So, regardless of when any of these launches are indeed scheduled, carried out to the launch areas AND are successful... we applaud the teams of people that work to make these events happen!!!!These men & women fuel our imaginations of how far the future of Earthers can elevate themselves. I give them each, and every one, a Loud BRAVO!*applause*

May 22, 2023
Visit site
I recall sitting around the TV, watching with amazement at the Apollo Landing. The entire family, neighbors and friends were busy on the phones, talking, asking, watching. It is an awesome moment when we watch humans take to the stars! Every time there was a launch from the space center, Floridians would pull over and stop to watch the excitement. The water in the lagoon would vibrate and you could feel it before even seeing it! The very idea of humans leaving our planet, to visit space, is astounding. So, regardless of when any of these launches are indeed scheduled, carried out to the launch areas AND are successful... we applaud the teams of people that work to make these events happen!!!!These men & women fuel our imaginations of how far the future of Earthers can elevate themselves. I give them each, and every one, a Loud BRAVO!*applause*
Artemis would no doubt provide great entertainment. That's not what it's for. If you want a thrill, pay for it yourself.

Latest posts