1000Planets 2005 Annual Year End Report.

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jwsmith

Hi Guys, it has been a long year. I have been away for the last 6 months, first running for Governor of Florida and then trying to catch up on the workload after I lost.<br />Came in 4th of 9 but that is not a winner. <br /><br /> /> Nexium Writes: JW Smith is not typically hostile, but he is, perhaps, returning your hostility. We are all frustrated, because there are so many details which can be show stoppers for your plan, JW's plan, and Scot's plan. <<br /><br />Thanks Nexium, I am not intentionally hostile but sometimes it is necessary. I am back to work now, still catching up. <br /><br />ScottB50 writes: We need no new technology to go to Mars or to go asteroids and comets; we have done it recently and proven it can be done. There are any number of ways we can do it, it's just a matter of settling on the safest and most economical means of doing it and doing it.<br /><br /> /> Scott, of course you are correct, and we are still working on it. <<br /><br /> /> Oker59: I share your intellectual bent; but, I find the notion that 1000planets has the ability to foot the bill for a mars colony; this seems kind of a novel thought. <<br /><br />Oker59, I wish I had that kind of money, but we are still working on that. Just plugging along.<br /><br /><br /> /> Scottb50 writes: Not that I have met him, but while he comes off that way I would say J.W. Smith is about as far from that as I am. <<br /><br />Scott you are right and just wasted a big chunk on my run for Governor. It was FUN but expensive. <br /><br /> /> rogers_buck writes: It's probably going to wipe out next years budget to change the name to 836Planets in keeping with the IAU's new definition of what is a planet. <<br /><br />Why it was so expensive and time consuming we went out and discovered 164 new planets so we would not have to do that. That was a lot cheaper than changing names<br /><br /> />Solarspot writes: I personally would prefer a manned mission to an asteroid, to mine and later sell materials (in <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font size="2">John Wayne Smith, CEO</font></p><p><font size="2">1000 Planets, Inc</font></p><p><font size="2">Http://www.1000Planets.com</font></p><p><font size="2">203 W.Magnolia St.</font></p><p><font size="2">Leesbutg Florida 34748</font></p><p><font size="2">Ph: 352 787 5550</font></p><p><font size="2">email jwsmith42000@aol.com</font></p> </div>

S

scottb50

Scott you are right and just wasted a big chunk on my run for Governor. It was FUN but expensive....<br /><br />Anything to keep a Bush out of office is a plus. Out here, in Arizona, I had no idea you were running, and I'm sure most people in Florida didn't either. Why anyone would want to be Governor or any political electee, other than the pork, is beyond me anyway.<br /><br />I do appreciate your agreeing with me that we could do what eveybody is gaga over in 10 years instead of 30. It's a matter of building the momentum. We need to convince people it will be good for them. Just like they had to build support for the transcontinental railroad when most people never went more than 30 miles from home in their lifetime. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

O

oker59

there's only one way to convince most people; to raise them on those beliefs;

S

scottb50

; which would be??? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts