D

docm

Title: Xerxes

Format: 2D and 3D, to be preceded by a 3D re-release of "300"

Director: Zach Snyder
Writer: Frank Miller

J

JasonChapman

oh god I hope not, don't think I could sit there and watch all those six packs coming at me in 3D

D

docm

My understanding is that it'll cover the time of the invasion of Greece by Darius I and the battle of Marathon through his son Xerxes I preparations that led to the battles of Thermopylae and Salamis.

Frank Miller is now writing the graphic novel which will be made into the film.

A

a_lost_packet_

Uh....

I'm not sure how I feel about that. The movie "300" wasn't bad for what it was. It was obviously not something that was intended to be historically accurate.

But, I don't know how far they can stretch it before some people throw up their hands and say "enough"

For instance, what would it be like if they took a "300" approach towards D-Day? Could be interesting.. could be terrible.

B

brandbll

I thought i read that George Clooney bought the rights to The Gates of Fire, which is what the 300 graphic novel is based on. I was hoping we'd see a more realistic interpretation of the event.

A

a_lost_packet_

I'd like to see a realistic interpretation of the events. But, one problem is what history we have is probably also a somewhat glamorized version of it. Historians go back and forth, squabbling over the size of the Persian army (Most doubt it was the million+ strong that was claimed) and most popular accounts ignore the Thebans and Thespians that were there who actually outnumbered the Spartan warriors. (I don't recall how many helots have thought to have possibly been brought with the Spartans.)

Actually, I'd like to see a realistic movie with John Lovitz as the cmdr of the Thespians. :) They should have had him in "Meet the Spartans."

Jon-Lovitz-ACTING.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts