A question on General Relativity.

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jbachmurski

<p>The true problem is that as soon as you say &ldquo;faster than light&rdquo; people act like your crazy? Science has so conditioned the people of the world to believe that some things are impossible, when in fact those things are only impossible to those scientist, based upon what they know at that time. This is what makes it impossible for someone like me to get the financing for my work.</p><p>If you blindly refuse to step into the light, you will forever remain in the dark.</p><p>I believe that God, nature, or whatever, intended for us to be the seedpods of the tree of life. I believe that it is our destiny to go out and spread life among the stars. I believe that we&rsquo;ve been capable of developing the technology to do this for sometime now. But instead our scientist have become blinded by a broken theory, and its limited vision, and in doing so have trapped and imprisoned all of us, on a world where the stars are just something far away to look at, and until we are willing to move away from those scientist and their theory, we will continue to be just as trapped and blind as they are.</p>

D

DrRocket

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>The true problem is that as soon as you say &ldquo;faster than light&rdquo; people act like your crazy? Science has so conditioned the people of the world to believe that some things are impossible, when in fact those things are only impossible to those scientist, based upon what they know at that time. This is what makes it impossible for someone like me to get the financing for my work.If you blindly refuse to step into the light, you will forever remain in the dark.I believe that God, nature, or whatever, intended for us to be the seedpods of the tree of life. I believe that it is our destiny to go out and spread life among the stars. I believe that we&rsquo;ve been capable of developing the technology to do this for sometime now. But instead our scientist have become blinded by a broken theory, and its limited vision, and in doing so have trapped and imprisoned all of us, on a world where the stars are just something far away to look at, and until we are willing to move away from those scientist and their theory, we will continue to be just as trapped and blind as they are. <br />Posted by jbachmurski</DIV></p><p>So, what is your alternative ?&nbsp; Science is always open to new ideas.&nbsp; But only if they can be tested, and only if they do not contradict the tests that have already been performed.</p><p>Your attack on scientists lacks foundation.&nbsp; Precisely what is it that has caused scientists to "have become blinded", and blinded to what ?&nbsp; The fact that you don't like the conclusions of current physics does not make it wrong.&nbsp; Unless you can point to where a fallacy in current physics might lie, you are doing nothing more than highlighting&nbsp;your own ignorance.</p><p>I assure you that scientists have their eyes wide open to responsible alternatives to current theory.&nbsp; But they also know the limitations imposed by that theory and the huge body of experimental data that supports it.&nbsp; So if you have an alternate theory, present it for review and open discussion.&nbsp; Otherwise you simply will sound foolish.<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

J

jbachmurski

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>So, what is your alternative ?&nbsp; Science is always open to new ideas.&nbsp; But only if they can be tested, and only if they do not contradict the tests that have already been performed.Your attack on scientists lacks foundation.&nbsp; Precisely what is it that has caused scientists to "have become blinded", and blinded to what ?&nbsp; The fact that you don't like the conclusions of current physics does not make it wrong.&nbsp; Unless you can point to where a fallacy in current physics might lie, you are doing nothing more than highlighting&nbsp;your own ignorance.I assure you that scientists have their eyes wide open to responsible alternatives to current theory.&nbsp; But they also know the limitations imposed by that theory and the huge body of experimental data that supports it.&nbsp; So if you have an alternate theory, present it for review and open discussion.&nbsp; Otherwise you simply will sound foolish. <br />Posted by DrRocket</DIV><br /><br /><p>Science is always open to new ideas? </p><p>Do you think that scientist are any different than You? Not the ones I&rsquo;ve met. </p><p>If I say something you don&rsquo;t like, you automatically assume that I am wrong. </p><p>But the fact that you don&rsquo;t like my conclusions, does not make me wrong, ignorant or foolish. </p><p>Modern scientist, like you, are only open to those new ideas that agree with Relativity, and nothing else. To get to where I am now you would have to go all the way back to Einstein and Minkowski, find a different path, and follow it to different conclusions.</p><p>It is Relativity that caused our scientist to become blinded. For a hundred years it has taken us down a dead end road, exploring the wrong theoretical universe.</p><p>As for testing, evidence, or proof, if you can get NASA to come up with a few hundred million to build and test it, I could show them how to modify an ordinary, liquid fueled, rocket engine in such a way as to turn it into a hyper-space engine capable of moving thousands of time the speed of light. </p><p>That shouldn&rsquo;t be so hard for someone called DrRocket.</p><p>PS </p><p>As for presenting an alternate theory for review and open discussion. That would be foolish! Doing so here would be like giving it to Imaginova. Read the Terms and Conditions.</p>

S

SpeedFreek

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>To get to where I am now you would have to go all the way back to Einstein and Minkowski, find a different path, and follow it to different conclusions. <br /> Posted by jbachmurski</DIV></p><p>But those different conclusions would also have to agree with the path that Einstein and Minkowski took, as Relativity has so far passed every test we have conceived and thrown at it.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>It is Relativity that caused our scientist to become blinded. For a hundred years it has taken us down a dead end road, exploring the wrong theoretical universe.<br /> Posted by jbachmurski</DIV></p><p>A theoretical universe that seems to very accurately describe our own, as far as we can tell.</p><p>You are going to have to tell us how things <em>really</em> are, if we are to take any notice of you. Anyone can come in and say Einstein has got it all wrong, and that they know the real truth, but are afraid to reveal details of their idea for fear of being ripped off. Next you'll be saying you are going to have to sell your idea in a book, rather than publish it for peer review (for free).</p><p>In the meantime, why not have a look at </p><h1 align="center"><font size="3">The Confrontation between General Relativity and Experiment</font></h1><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000">_______________________________________________<br /></font><font size="2"><em>SpeedFreek</em></font> </p> </div>

J

jbachmurski

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>But those different conclusions would also have to agree with the path that Einstein and Minkowski took, as Relativity has so far passed every test we have conceived and thrown at it.&nbsp;A theoretical universe that seems to very accurately describe our own, as far as we can tell.You are going to have to tell us how things really are, if we are to take any notice of you. Anyone can come in and say Einstein has got it all wrong, and that they know the real truth, but are afraid to reveal details of their idea for fear of being ripped off. Next you'll be saying you are going to have to sell your idea in a book, rather than publish it for peer review (for free).In the meantime, why not have a look at The Confrontation between General Relativity and Experiment&nbsp; <br />Posted by SpeedFreek</DIV><br /><br /><p>It is not my intention to ever write a book or seek pier review. (my piers are retired farmers and factory workers, who wouldn&rsquo;t know what I was talking about)</p><p>It is my intention to start a company or foundation to build and test the technology, thus retaining the patent rights. </p>

S

SpeedFreek

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>It is not my intention to ever write a book or seek pier review. (my piers are retired farmers and factory workers, who wouldn&rsquo;t know what I was talking about)It is my intention to start a company or foundation to build and test the technology, thus retaining the patent rights. <br /> Posted by jbachmurski</DIV></p><p>Well good luck to you! If you have read through that link I supplied, you will see how we keep confirming General Relativity, so as long as your own theory makes the same predictions as GR you should be fine. I look forward to hearing the announcement of your success in creating an interstellar drive that can move at more than hundreds of times the speed of light, you'll get a Nobel prize for sure. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000">_______________________________________________<br /></font><font size="2"><em>SpeedFreek</em></font> </p> </div>

D

DrRocket

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>....As for testing, evidence, or proof, if you can get NASA to come up with a few hundred million to build and test it, I could show them how to modify an ordinary, liquid fueled, rocket engine in such a way as to turn it into a hyper-space engine capable of moving thousands of time the speed of light. That shouldn&rsquo;t be so hard for someone called DrRocket....Posted by jbachmurski</DIV></p><p>If you have something that would allow a modification of an ordinary rocket so that it can move at thousands of times the speed of light, and if you can prove on paper, with solid arguments, that it can do what you claim, then I can probably get you a few billion dollars, a Nobel Prize, and a full-time job at the Institute for Advanced Study.&nbsp; But you can't provide that proof.&nbsp; </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

J

jbachmurski

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>If you have something that would allow a modification of an ordinary rocket so that it can move at thousands of times the speed of light, and if you can prove on paper, with solid arguments, that it can do what you claim, then I can probably get you a few billion dollars, a Nobel Prize, and a full-time job at the Institute for Advanced Study.&nbsp; But you can't provide that proof.&nbsp; <br />Posted by DrRocket</DIV><br /><br /><p>Just remember my name and watch the news, the truth will come in time.</p>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts