A question related to the ultimate speed

• Thread starter abhinavkumar_iitr05
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

abhinavkumar_iitr05

I had read somewhere in a science magazine that the scientists in Australia had proved that the speed of the light changes wrt time.<br />I just want to know is this true?And if yes then what will be the effect of this in the physical world<br /><br /><br />As always all the ideas & views r highly welcomed

N

newtonian

abhinavkumar_iitr05 - I also have read similar, that the speed of light may not have been constant throughout the history of the universe.<br /><br />As to ultimate speed. Have you researched theoretical physics predictions for the properties of the FTL tachyon?<br /><br />On inflation theory and more recent acceleration of expansion - again FTL is postulated.<br /><br />This would explain why portions of our universe are beyond our light cone.<br /><br />My understanding is that speed on the fabric of space is limited (for ordinary matter, not tachyons) to the speed of light; while expansion of the fabric of space can be much faster than light (FTL) speed.<br /><br />I do not know the ultimate limit of expansion speed for the fabric of space.<br /><br />Perhaps 100 times the speed of light? Or perhaps the upper limit of the speed of a tachyon? <br /><br />Or is it the speed limit of dark energy, which, if not FTL itself, apparently drives FTL expansion.<br /><br />BTW - I believe it likely that angels travel FTL - but I do not know how.<br /><br />Clearly, I do not believe light speed is the ultimate speed for interuniverse travel.<br /><br />And my primary interest in wormholes in connected with organic gardening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts